2020 Phantom Regiment

Now it is time for them to program my annual demand...er...request and do the Janacek Sinfonietta.

Nothing else is worth doing.

Well, maybe not! I'm sure they'll have a great show in 2020...

...pssstttt....do the Janacek

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Rocketman said:

Overall, I'm ok with the staff announcement. That said, I was not that impressed with the 2015 visual offering so, hopefully Tony Hall can work his magic prior to the start of the season rather than after the fact when they are already behind the 8 ball.

Is Tony Hall up to date with modern drill concepts?  

Is he able to clean feet while a platform is being rolled across the field?  What about stairs - is he able to clean feet climbing onto props?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Today is like Christmas Day for PR fans

YYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I wish him well.  I don’t know him but he seems like a really nice guy.   

He sat in front of me at a show in Cranston, RI in 2016. He was there to watch Phantom, but he stayed for other shows too. We spoke for a bit and he was very friendly. There was a family sitting in front who had never been to a show before and explained how it all worked. He was and probably still is, a really nice guy.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, KPinCAL said:

Today is like Christmas Day for PR fans

YYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!

Right there with ya!! :thumbup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Continental said:

Is Tony Hall up to date with modern drill concepts?  

Is he able to clean feet while a platform is being rolled across the field?  What about stairs - is he able to clean feet climbing onto props?

See, that’s funny.  I am chuckling.  I hope I’m not scolded. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

As shocked as I am to see Regiment parting ways with Will Pitts, I’m cautiously excited. This combo of designers could be either 100% what the corps needs,  or 100% not the right fit. Regardless of which way, what Regiment needs is a consistent year to year design staff that can grow together over one length of time. I am interested to see if the other half of team Ferguson/Matrix, Evan Brown, is indeed returning as sound designer as I noticed he was absent from the announcement. 

It’s also nice to see that the people calling for Rick Valenzuela’s head in the 2019 thread have seemingly gone quiet!

I would like to go on record that Will Pitts got the shaft. I think he was really growing into his role of brass arranger. I agree that program coordinator was too much, but he was improving greatly as arranger and I am sorry he is not in that role for 2020.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1