2020 Phantom Regiment

3 hours ago, xandandl said:

Mr. R. Dougherty, sir,

This is too good to stay hidden. Well done. https://youtu.be/rAPdZlWnzOM

That is fantastic! Love that it is inclusive. Thanks for sharing!!!

On 9/8/2019 at 12:34 PM, xandandl said:

LOL thinking of David Warren as a Christmas Elf.

On 9/8/2019 at 12:30 PM, TexasPRfan said:

I couldn't be happier about these changes.  I DID feel like it was Christmas when I saw the announcement, too.  Go Regiment!  Reclaim your fierce, powerful, passionate identity.

Harvey

On 9/8/2019 at 12:30 PM, TexasPRfan said:

I couldn't be happier about these changes.  I DID feel like it was Christmas when I saw the announcement, too.  Go Regiment!  Reclaim your fierce, powerful, passionate identity.

Harvey

No doubt, the bari’s and euphs will once again play the leading role in the 2020 horn book.  Thank God!  Dark, rich and soulful.  Most of the folks on this sight have no idea how much “structure damage” can be caused to a stadium by the dark, rich and soulful sounds of a Regiment horn line.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Land_Surfer said:

No doubt, the bari’s and euphs will once again play the leading role in the 2020 horn book.  Thank God!  Dark, rich and soulful.  Most of the folks on this sight have no idea how much “structure damage” can be caused to a stadium by the dark, rich and soulful sounds of a Regiment horn line.  

It's been a while!

On 8/29/2019 at 4:10 PM, PR guy 00 said:

Haven’t seen this post started yet. Enough of the debate about last year what are your thoughts on PR in 2020? Do you think their try out logo means they are in for big changes? Either way I anxiously await their 2020 plans!

So overheard on the Van Galder jitney up to the Rock River yacht club was that "the design team" was looking to keep the traditional and the new in 2020.

Therefore the corps name will be spelt "GHantom Regiment" since Laugh makes the same "f" sound that Philadelphia makes when Gallagher spelled it Ghiladelghia.

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

So overheard on the Van Galder jitney up to the Rock River yacht club was that "the design team" was looking to keep the traditional and the new in 2020.

Therefore the corps name will be spelt "GHantom Regiment" since Laugh makes the same "f" sound that Philadelphia makes when Gallagher spelled it Ghiladelghia.

Tradition maintained is always a good thing.  It attracts a larger crowd of paying spectators.  

PR will likely do their own thing and their sound will be amazing because the music will be arranged in PR style.

On 9/12/2019 at 7:27 PM, xandandl said:

So would GHantom Regiment use G Bugles, you know tradition and all

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, xandandl said:

also heard uniforms will be all red since BAC and SCV have relinquished that powerful color. Regt. has already done the white, the black, and the tan. I think their conductor wore red at some time in Rockford's history.

While not being all red, there were multiple times when they had red as part of the uniform...the latest being 2017 with the red accent

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Continental said:

While not being all red, there were multiple times when they had red as part of the uniform...the latest being 2017 with the red accent

Yah, here's a photo of himself in partial red which PR's p.r. used in the announcement of his transition from Rome to Rockford. (Wonder if everyone in the corps will have to have blond hair by the time the season ends, ha, ha.) I'll look for a real red photo from previous archives.  The Joanettes in red for 2nd half of '19 show was stunning to say the least.

14086213_10153980480223668_1287660615755105656_o-1024x731.jpg

Image may contain: 1 person, standing

Edited by xandandl