2020 Phantom Regiment

7 minutes ago, Rocketman said:

We're reaching, aren't we?

Nope. I was on M&M staff then

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

You should have ran around teaching both sides! 

Oh, trust me we did! I taught side one M&M that year. Could I do it now? Oh he// to the no!

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Haha 1

On 9/5/2019 at 9:02 PM, Jurassic Lancer said:

I would like to go on record that Will Pitts got the shaft. I think he was really growing into his role of brass arranger. I agree that program coordinator was too much, but he was improving greatly as arranger and I am sorry he is not in that role for 2020.

Growing into his role???  Was it the 20 year plan...I would agree that he was in over his head and rushed into the position,  he will mature into a great arranger some day but not today.

Continental I have great memories of marching that show, this is the first time I've seen a video of finals that year.  Comparing it to today's shows is like night and day.

Edited by Phantombari1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Phantombari1 said:

Continental I have great memories of marching that show, this is the first time I've seen a video of finals that year.  Comparing it to today's shows is like night and day.

I love how the drill continually flows.  Everything just so clean.

There's one set that JB repeated from '80 (well, almost identical).  The rotating arcs that meet in the center before the brass/guard pass through in the ballad are very similar to the opening arcs in Easter Overture at the beginning of the '80 show.   

Edited by Continental

I believe this was Dan Farrels first year as an instructor.  This was a very bold step in the evolution of drum-corp as we see it today!  While the story telling seemed like a great direction for the activity as a whole, looking back I'm not so sure it helped do anything for the music itself.  Today's activity seems to be dominated by props and snippets of musical selections.