2020 Phantom Regiment

12 hours ago, Continental said:

Cool overhead view of Phantom's '81 show - from prelims in Montreal.

https://youtu.be/4wFFFL4Davc

I loved the '81 and '82 shows!  My Dad and I are somewhere in that mass of humanity (if memory serves, about the same level and a little to the left; I took '81 off) with our Labatt's 50s...with ice...God, it was hot that day in the stands...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gak27 said:

I loved the '81 and '82 shows!  My Dad and I are somewhere in that mass of humanity (if memory serves, about the same level and a little to the left; I took '81 off) with our Labatt's 50s...with ice...God, it was hot that day in the stands...

Because of the reverb we decided to drink at least 1 Molson product per corps. After 3 corps' and five Brador's  we were feeling no pain or hearing any reverb. Brador was their malt liquor.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, denmum said:

Because of the reverb we decided to drink at least 1 Molson product per corps. After 3 corps' and five Brador's  we were feeling no pain or hearing any reverb. Brador was their malt liquor.

After the show we caught some good "guard" practice at Club Les Girls.

1 hour ago, denmum said:

Those stands were splintery.   It was hotter than I expected.  It was fun, though. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Phantombari1 said:

Growing into his role???  Was it the 20 year plan...I would agree that he was in over his head and rushed into the position,  he will mature into a great arranger some day but not today.

yup

3 hours ago, denmum said:

Ahh, Brador.  I went to college in Detroit and would frequently travel across the river to Windsor for beer runs....and "guard" practice...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, gak27 said:

Ahh, Brador.  I went to college in Detroit and would frequently travel across the river to Windsor for beer runs....and "guard" practice...

When I was with Oakland-Crusaders, many of us would walk from practice to a nearby bar where we could buy five, 8oz. juice glasses of Brador for a buck (Canadian buck at that). We used to make pyramids with the empty glasses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

When I was with Oakland-Crusaders, many of us would walk from practice to a nearby bar where we could buy five, 8oz. juice glasses of Brador for a buck (Canadian buck at that). We used to make pyramids with the empty glasses.

Malt liquor = never sicker. 😂  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2