2020 Phantom Regiment

On 9/25/2019 at 2:37 PM, Jeff Ream said:

talent does help. if you design for talent you don't have, you have issues

No, if your design for instruction you don't have you have issues.  With the talent that shows up in drum corps these days, and the sheer amount of practice, you should be able to learn 6-8 minutes of playing.  If you can't your instruction is failing you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mello Dude said:

No, if your design for instruction you don't have you have issues.  With the talent that shows up in drum corps these days, and the sheer amount of practice, you should be able to learn 6-8 minutes of playing.  If you can't your instruction is failing you.

Agreed!

4 hours ago, xandandl said:

hope the large bands are able to avoid the rain predicted for tonight in DeKalb during Regiment's big fundraiser competition.

I think they’ll be ok for tonight.  I’m 28 miles east of Dekalb and it’s dry but very dreary and cool.  I’d go to support the corps but there’s no way this one guy here will leave with this game tonight. 🙄🏈

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I think they’ll be ok for tonight.  I’m 28 miles east of Dekalb and it’s dry but very dreary and cool.  I’d go to support the corps but there’s no way this one guy here will leave with this game tonight. 🙄🏈

That’s right. Football comes after Drum Corps.

is anyone else watching the Global Citizen concert? Watching that talent on the stage and in the audience gives me hope.

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 1

First week of marching band competitions started a few weeks ago and yesterday were the first big shows. I didn't see much in the way of recruiting here in TN / GA for DCI or DCA but I did hang with some of my fellow alumni who's youngest children are about to graduate. Odd how people wearing corps jackets (in the middle of summer) somehow all congregate towards the same spot...much like cattle. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, kdaddy said:

I really like Courtney's energy. I feel like her role as corps movement co-caption head with Bob Smith as marching co-caption head (how I interpret their roles) is a great fit relative to her choreography role last year. 

I think Courtney is ready to move the activity forward. She’s an amazing talent with tons of potential to change drum corps. Go Courtney, we’re with you!!!!!!

Speaking of talent...... more staff info. And it’s pretty darned great!

https://regiment.org/phantom-regiment-adds-2020-program-design-team2/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

Speaking of talent...... more staff info. And it’s pretty darned great!

https://regiment.org/phantom-regiment-adds-2020-program-design-team2/

A few days ago I meant to post a question asking where Michael James was and that it would be great if he came back to Phantom.

I'm so glad to see he's coming back along with so many great people!