2020 Phantom Regiment

9 hours ago, Continental said:

With all the hype, note the following new video from 2003.

The ending is shorter than finals and almost abrupt.  It's still so nice to see that show come together and become something special. 

The recent podcast of the 2003 show brought a few revelations to light for me. I had no idea the corps did all 5 ballet positions in the opener. To me it was more about the music, but I was wrong. There was so much more to that show.

9 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

The recent podcast of the 2003 show brought a few revelations to light for me. I had no idea the corps did all 5 ballet positions in the opener. To me it was more about the music, but I was wrong. There was so much more to that show.

The person who posted the video didn't indicate the date of the rehearsal.  I think this is early season as there are a few differences in musical passages although the drill looks very much like finals.  The hornline still seems to be getting comfortable with the difficult book they were given.

I love the opener and closer.  This is Phantom being modern yet still staying true to their roots.      

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Continental said:

The person who posted the video didn't indicate the date of the rehearsal.  I think this is early season as there are a few differences in musical passages although the drill looks very much like finals.  The hornline still seems to be getting comfortable with the difficult book they were given.

I love the opener and closer.  This is Phantom being modern yet still staying true to their roots.      

This is late June early July on Cali tour. Video was shot at Pleasanton HS. 

Edited by Kevlar496

5 hours ago, Kevlar496 said:

This is late June early July on Cali tour. Video was shot at Pleasanton HS. 

Thank you for the information.  I remember their member blog that year and reading about how excited the corps members were - even tying Cadets for 3rd place at the DCI Southwestern Championship.

1 hour ago, regimentlvr said:

Hi all. I am hoping this year brings a return to white uniforms, like classic Regiment. Thoughts?

Anything but tan. Or a onesie.

13 hours ago, regimentlvr said:

Hi all. I am hoping this year brings a return to white uniforms, like classic Regiment. Thoughts?

Time for a DCP poll, no?

Do you prefer Regt. in white, black, tan, red, or a new color? (One of you young un's who are computer literate will have to set it up. I'm just the ideas old man...)

While waiting for the word from the Ex-conductor, now corps director, about the 2020 PR conductors' announcement, I'm wondering how the dual camps went? Evidently  the corps is so hot that it kept the snow away from Beloit, Wis. edition. But how about the Popery in Georgia; was there a potpourri of talent?  Did the Master skype his message from each place to the other? Hard to pick the succession of podium people at one site, while the other is but miles from his hometeam. Glad to see Ed Erbling ( a once fellow L.I.er from Port Jeff) back to help out on logistics as is my other distant cousin for his second faculty year. Sounds like their show progress is Phabulous!

Edited by xandandl

3 hours ago, xandandl said:

Time for a DCP poll, no?

Do you prefer Regt. in white, black, tan, red, or a new color? (One of you young un's who are computer literate will have to set it up. I'm just the ideas old man...)

For me, nothing beats the 1993 uniform. It was my first time seeing drum corps live, and that show/uniform are the first thing that to mind for me when I think of PR.