2020 Phantom Regiment

5 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

I would call it pessimism.  Money doesn't equate to placement.  Actually, a lot has to go right for one year to win..unless you are proposing slotting.

The lack of money, IMO, definitely equates to placement, and I am not proposing slotting nor do I expect them to 'win' in 2020. I would love for them to be a threat for a top 3 finish, but for that to happen, many things would have to go right, including someone in the current crop of top corps to stumble. I just don't see that happening.

1 hour ago, Continental said:

Rocketman I apologize for the assumption.  

When you speak of "funding to support the current trend of the activity" are you specifically referring to the cost of props as a requirement to remain competitive and advance in the rankings?

If you look at the props put out by the Regiment last year, they were, at best, unsophisticated, at worst, fairly useless. Do I like that corps need two semi's to carry props? NO! However, that appears to be the current trend successfully being used by the top corps. 

19 minutes ago, Rocketman said:

If you look at the props put out by the Regiment last year, they were, at best, unsophisticated, at worst, fairly useless. Do I like that corps need two semi's to carry props? NO! However, that appears to be the current trend successfully being used by the top corps. 

I do sort of agree that with the new prop centric dci, the corps with $$$ definitely have the advantage. And PRs props have always looked like something I built (I suck at building)

Good news is that the corps is no longer in the financial rut that they were, largely thanks to Rick V. It doesn't mean they have loads of cash to throw around, but I'm happy they are in a more comfortable place financially. 

18 hours ago, general_tsos_chicken2 said:

I do sort of agree that with the new prop centric dci, the corps with $$$ definitely have the advantage. And PRs props have always looked like something I built (I suck at building)

Good news is that the corps is no longer in the financial rut that they were, largely thanks to Rick V. It doesn't mean they have loads of cash to throw around, but I'm happy they are in a more comfortable place financially. 

One would assume the new design staff has access to resources that will address the prop issues.

I imagine props were part of the overall discussions when the new staff negotiations were done. Let’s see how it plays out. I hope less > more.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, general_tsos_chicken2 said:

Agree with pretty much everything.

5 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

One would assume the new design staff has access to resources that will address the prop issues.

I imagine props were part of the overall discussions when the new staff negotiations were done. Let’s see how it plays out. I hope less > more.

DB:

Unless the individuals on staff have access to, lets just say, discounted resources, I'm not sure how they would magically now have the funds ensure adequate prop standards.

1 hour ago, Rocketman said:

DB:

Unless the individuals on staff have access to, lets just say, discounted resources, I'm not sure how they would magically now have the funds ensure adequate prop standards.

You must be great at parties.

1 hour ago, Rocketman said:

DB:

JD. Stop being so tiresome. Merry Christmas to la famiglia.

BTW, how do you know they don’t have access to new resources?

Edited by Sutasaurus