PR guy 00

2020 Phantom Regiment

Recommended Posts

People throw around the word "talent" as if it has any meaning anymore.  If they can keep most of what they had last year with the people they are going to get this year...it's a non issue.  Drive and instruction is everything.  Look, it's September and the doom and gloom crowd is already in place for this next year.  Seriously, everyone take a chill pill and let's see what happens for crying out loud.  This place is worse than helicopter parents sometimes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mello Dude said:

People throw around the word "talent" as if it has any meaning anymore.  If they can keep most of what they had last year with the people they are going to get this year...it's a non issue.  Drive and instruction is everything.  Look, it's September and the doom and gloom crowd is already in place for this next year.  Seriously, everyone take a chill pill and let's see what happens for crying out loud.  This place is worse than helicopter parents sometimes.

talent does help. if you design for talent you don't have, you have issues

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

talent does help. if you design for talent you don't have, you have issues

And if you don't put together a program that draws talent, you have other issues. So yes, talent is critical/crucial.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rocketman said:

While I mostly agree with the sentiments, in this 'what have you done for me lately' world, will the 'talent' stick around long enough to build back to respectability? I was hoping that the new design team would draw talent that would enable the corps to go beyond what is expected.

Who is to say they haven’t?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

Who is to say they haven’t?

What are you referring to? Members staying around? Or new design team drawing talent?

If you're referring to the former, I'm hoping that retention is high this year. But, without knowing actual figures, that looking like a remarkably younger group than the corps was fielding, say, five years ago.

If you're referring to the latter, I'm guessing it's too early to be seen, as no camps have occurred. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

What are you referring to? Members staying around? Or new design team drawing talent?

If you're referring to the former, I'm hoping that retention is high this year. But, without knowing actual figures, that looking like a remarkably younger group than the corps was fielding, say, five years ago.

If you're referring to the latter, I'm guessing it's too early to be seen, as no camps have occurred. 

The latter. As for the former, I hope and pray the members of 2019 Regiment learned that their work isn’t done yet. Build on your successes. The organization couldn’t ask for a more dedicated, hard working group of young men and women. Many marched their first year of drum corps, hopefully they will continue their marching experience with the corps who took them into the fold.]

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

The latter. As for the former, I hope and pray the members of 2019 Regiment learned that their work isn’t done yet. Build on your successes. The organization couldn’t ask for a more dedicated, hard working group of young men and women. Many marched their first year of drum corps, hopefully they will continue their marching experience with the corps who took them into the fold.]

I misspoke, my apologies. I’m old.

While I stand on what I said about the marching members in the post quoted here I want to address the recently announced staff. I have every faith that Tony, JD, Adam, Jeremy, and Rob will be allowed  to create what they feel is a program that not only challenges the performers but is also significantly more competitive than in recent years.
 

This isn’t their first rodeo, so to speak. As for them sticking around? Why wouldn’t they? The fact that they came back to work with Regiment again speaks volumes. I think they want to see the corps return to it’s former glory. I, for one would love to see a ‘93/‘94- like style change. No, not bring back that style but rather bring something new to the table. Adam speaks about it in his recent interview. With Robert Cawthorne

i can’t wait to see what’s in the works for Regiment 2020.

 

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

Who is to say they haven’t?

My comment was in reference to those that suggest a gradual progression of the design of the show concept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.