PR guy 00

2020 Phantom Regiment

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

It amuses me when older people think they're so in tune with the lives of young adults, while at the same time constantly criticizing the younger generation. 

I'm in 100% agreement with you (and yup, the new content looks great)

Ah, to be forever seventeen. You are certainly well past marching age. You’ve dodged the question before. But did you ever march?

Please take the time and go back to when I’ve criticized the “younger generation”and show me an example. I have expressed a dislike for what currently passes as show design but I’ve never criticized any marching members for their efforts.
In the meantime I request you refrain from taking such broad strokes with your psychoanalyst’s paintbrush.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I'm assuming to remind them of you, their favorite former board member? 

Yes an involved member, someone with skin in the game, albeit leathery and not an armchair spectator.

Edited by Sutasaurus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sutasaurus said:

Ah, to be forever seventeen. You are certainly well past marching age. You’ve dodged the question before. But did you ever march?

Please take the time and go back to when I’ve criticized the “younger generation”and show me an example. I have expressed a dislike for what currently passes as show design but I’ve never criticized any marching members for their efforts.
In the meantime I request you refrain from taking such broad strokes with your psychoanalyst’s paintbrush.

 

I've been very open about the fact that I haven't marched on DCP, open thy eyes (And if you didn't know I didn't, Xandandl will gleefully tell you for me). The reason I got into DCI in the first place is because I had many friends who did march and still have a couple who are still marching. I'm just a couple years past the age limit, I think "well past" is quite a stretch. 

What I do have, that you don't, is a better insight into the way young marchers (aka my peers) think. 

A better website design will not make or break the corps (and no one has suggested it would, so I'm not sure why you and Mello Dude are in such an uproar about Kdaddy's very benign statement). But it WILL certainly help the corps' image when prospective marchers, especially those less familiar with DCI, come poking around to see what each corps has to offer 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

I've been very open about the fact that I haven't marched on DCP, open thy eyes (And if you didn't know I didn't, Xandandl will gleefully tell you for me). The reason I got into DCI in the first place is because I had many friends who did march and still have a couple who are still marching. I'm just a couple years past the age limit, I think "well past" is quite a stretch. 

What I do have, that you don't, is a better insight into the way young marchers (aka my peers) think. 

A better website design will not make or break the corps (and no one has suggested it would, so I'm not sure why you and Mello Dude are in such an uproar about Kdaddy's very benign statement). But it WILL certainly help the corps' image when prospective marchers, especially those less familiar with DCI, come poking around to see what each corps has to offer 

Having not marched gives you a better insight into how young marchers think? That’s interesting. Vicariously living through your friends’ experiences is not the same thing. It puts us at very different perspectives. 

What I have, that you don’t have is the experience of marching.  It was the drum corps experience that taught me how to appreciate other viewpoints and respect fellow marchers who were younger, older, or different than myself. We all worked together as a unit to strive for improvement and eventually success...despite our differences.

The drift I get from many of your posts is that you missed out on that part of life experience. Looking at life in general through a wider lens.

As for the supposed uproar that you find myself and Mello Dude in? We’re expressing a viewpoint that is different than yours or Kdaddy’s. If you think we’re attacking you for your opinion maybe you’re the one who should be doing the Charmin check.
 

It’s a big world out here. Come join us.

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I've been very open about the fact that I haven't marched on DCP, open thy eyes (And if you didn't know I didn't, Xandandl will gleefully tell you for me). The reason I got into DCI in the first place is because I had many friends who did march and still have a couple who are still marching. I'm just a couple years past the age limit, I think "well past" is quite a stretch. 

What I do have, that you don't, is a better insight into the way young marchers (aka my peers) think. 

A better website design will not make or break the corps (and no one has suggested it would, so I'm not sure why you and Mello Dude are in such an uproar about Kdaddy's very benign statement). But it WILL certainly help the corps' image when prospective marchers, especially those less familiar with DCI, come poking around to see what each corps has to offer 

 

Not sure why you think I'm in an uproar.  I simply pointed out (AGAIN) that the constant nitpicking wears thin.  Seriously, some could be handed a pot of gold and would complain about the way they got it or the container it arrived in.

Thinking you have a better insight than someone that has actually marched and toured with current marching members seems quite a stretch.  Seriously, if you have never marched you missed an experience that talking can't convey in it's entirety.  This is not dismissing your opinion, just putting it where it belongs in the grand scheme of things about life experience vs theory.

Benign...the sheer amount of stroke and slap on here speaks volumes.  Seriously, if you live your life with all this negatively, all the time,  I pity you.   If I were this negative there is no possible way I could have made it through all the years I marched.

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They only way to solve this is to ask all the new Regiment members if they joined BECAUSE of website content, (which I highly doubt would be the case). But since that's not going to happen, I guess we'll never know.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Rocketman said:

They only way to solve this is to ask all the new Regiment members if they joined BECAUSE of website content, (which I highly doubt would be the case). But since that's not going to happen, I guess we'll never know.

Speaking of websites, maybe DCP could change it's color scheme to include pink - being that it's often used in prisons to calm aggression.

Edited by Continental
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Continental said:

Speaking of websites, maybe DCP could change it's color scheme to include pink - being that it's often used in prisons to calm aggression.

I thought that was lite yellow, then again, I've never been in prison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Stephanie! Looking forward to 2020. Thank you for providing the marching members the opportunity to grow.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2019 at 12:25 PM, Sutasaurus said:

Having not marched gives you a better insight into how young marchers think? That’s interesting. Vicariously living through your friends’ experiences is not the same thing. It puts us at very different perspectives. 

What I have, that you don’t have is the experience of marching.  It was the drum corps experience that taught me how to appreciate other viewpoints and respect fellow marchers who were younger, older, or different than myself. We all worked together as a unit to strive for improvement and eventually success...despite our differences.

The drift I get from many of your posts is that you missed out on that part of life experience. Looking at life in general through a wider lens.

As for the supposed uproar that you find myself and Mello Dude in? We’re expressing a viewpoint that is different than yours or Kdaddy’s. If you think we’re attacking you for your opinion maybe you’re the one who should be doing the Charmin check.
 

It’s a big world out here. Come join us.

Cappy and I have butted heads, but he's far more in tune with kids marching today than you are.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.