2020 Phantom Regiment

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Cappy and I have butted heads, but he's far more in tune with kids marching today than you are.

Of course.he is Jeff......you don’t know me personally, do you? I could very well have a degree in youth counseling. I’m sure Cappybara appreciates your validation but he can speak for himself.

Nothing irks me more than being pigeonholed because of my age......and posters who feel their opinions are more valid  or they have a closer connection because they are younger. Really? 
A bit of respect for one another goes a long way on forums like these. Don’t you agree?
Folks are missing the point I’m trying to make in all this misinterpreted back and forth gobbledygook. 

Cut each other a bit of slack! Have respect for other posters and not be so quick to attack one another because they don’t agree with you.

For heaven’s sake we all love drum corps.

I enjoy about 85 % of the discussions on this board, so I won’t give up on sharing my viewpoints. This poster is not done yet.

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 1

I suggest a few people should open their own forum to take their war offline and out of our ears. Grow up!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PRomoter said:

I suggest a few people should open their own forum to take their war offline and out of our ears. Grow up!

No war here. It’s all about peace and 2020 Phantom Regiment. SUTA

• Like 2

So, kinda back on topic. I'll be honest, when they announced the show for 2019, I was far less than thrilled about it. To me it was way to cheesy and, I believe, if anything 'may' have had an impact on who decided to try out for Regiment, it was that announcement. It just sounded too Spartacus' Sister-ish. And the yell at the beginning of the show sealed the deal for me. It was cringe inducing.

2020 has to be a new, in step with the times, fresh, production and, I believe, the title of the show must reflect that, if we are going to attract members . (just my 2 cents)

Edited by Rocketman
  • Like 3

I don't want 2020 Regiment to be "with the times"; I want them to be what other corps mimic and set what the "times" is.  So far it's a huge step in the right direction.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

I don't want 2020 Regiment to be "with the times"; I want them to be what other corps mimic and set what the "times" is.  So far it's a huge step in the right direction.

Read it again, it says 'in step with the times'. That has NOT been the case the last 5 or so years.

• Like 2

What I've learned most from this forum since (I think) 2004 is that I don't know nearly as much as I thought I did about Drum Corps. There's a ton of knowledge on this board. I'm not going to take a part in ageism by any means. Everyone has something we can learn from and find common ground with if we want to. I want Phantom to be relevant again as well but one thing I noticed last year that is different from my perspective. I don't EXPECT a 12th place to 3rd place jump. I want to see gains in design, better use of props (not for PR to suddenly become BD level at prop usage,) and tastier music that I can recognize and groove a little to. But I will NOT....WILL NOT jump on the "burn it all down and sacrifice caption_head/ Designer_X to the drum corps gods" band wagon. That #### got old last year and did NOTHING to help. 

On the subject of website design, yes it needs a face lift. So does my website. Luckily only people with a crap ton of disposable income want to look at mine so that limits the eyeballs to an older crowd who don't care much about web design. So my suggestion would be that if you have fresh ideas and if you're more in tune then reach out to PR or whomever and give your suggestions. Hell, maybe volunteer some time.

I learned something a LONG time ago. I can have a great idea...really great. But that doesn't mean that it can be implemented. Sometimes there are roadblocks that we don't think about or have control over (ask me in PM one day about why I don't have walls between 3 of my classrooms in a 6 million dollar call center that's 2 years old..)