• Members
  • 101,638 posts
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

So I, Reliable Reamdo, nostrildamus of drum corps prognostication am here to let you know who will win the 2019 DCA World Championship in both Open and A Class!

Note...all sheets will be double this year. Which means a packed press box, and hopefully everyone uses deodorant, and people in the first 8 rows below the press box can hear the corps over their talking.

That said....Take both VE sheets, add them together, then divide by 2...your VE number. Take both color guard sheets, ad them together and divide by 2...your guard number. Add the VE average and the guard average together, divide by 2...your visual total.

Brass, percussion and Music Ensemble....take the scores for each, add them up, divide by 2, boom your number for each sheet. Then take those averages, add them together and divide by 2....your music total.

Now the fun. Effect/communication ( aka more effect)...so first for the two Vis Effect judges take the design effect number, and divide by 2. Then add the communication and performer effect numbers and them to the divided design effect number. Take each judges total, add up and divide by 2.....your visual effect average! Do the same thing for each of the music effect judges.Then add the visual Effect Average and Music Effect Average numbers together, and you have your Effect total.

So...add the visual total, music total and effect total numbers together. that is your sub total. Next, if any penalties, deduct that amount. And the sub total, after any penalties deducted is your Final Score. And the Corps in Both Open and A Class with the highest total score wins!!!

i predict a very long saturday for everyone involved.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I get to see Brenda one more time with the Caballeros Alumni, without needing rain gear!!! :tongue:

• Haha 1

The years of the "two in one day" format... the years I either marched, or announced, through 1988... I gotta be honest, I don't recall ever seeing a corps doing two great shows in one day.

It was very tough to do, especially in those days of the "blind draw" for prelims... when, say, a corps could be on at 2 PM for prelims... and back just a few hours later for their finals slot.

Now, with the seedings.... hopefully that buys each corps a bit more time between performances.

Plus, quite frankly... the performers in today's corps are, in general, in better physical condition than we were, so that should help. :laughing:

• Like 1

Bottom line... I am now giving up nearly an entire day of college football to go to Williamsport... so this had better be good!  :tongue:

• Like 1