Prelims AND finals moved to Saturday

ykw

12 minutes ago, xandandl said:

This is the other shake-up news going on about DCA.  

And to think Terri, I always thought you and Jim were talking about some alcoholic beverage you like to imbibe when visiting contests. Sorry.

https://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-nws-pa-yuengling-ice-cream-sold-20190830-2n3y4o527bajlhk4poyz2lf2qq-story.html

I had no idea! 

11 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I had no idea! 

I've had that ice cream.... pretty tasty!!!

And it pairs well with a Yuengling lager or porter. LOL

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

I've had that ice cream.... pretty tasty!!!

And it pairs well with a Yuengling lager or porter. LOL

As a fellow Bari called it, that Chinese beer “Ying Ling”.... lager is my fav unless I can get Labatts...

• Haha 2

Hi everybody.  Just checking into DCP after 500 years.   lol

I was surprised to see DCA finals and prelims moved to one day, but I remember all of the corps "trying" to perform in a big hurricane in DCA 2006, which was comical and crazy, giant wind gusts, and sheets of rain knocking people down, causing every single member of the guard to drop at once etc.  Better safe than sorry.

Best of luck to all for a great DCA 2019, weather notwithstanding.  

Edited by drumlaw80

6 hours ago, drumlaw80 said:

Hi everybody.  Just checking into DCP after 500 years.   lol

I was surprised to see DCA finals and prelims moved to one day, but I remember all of the corps "trying" to perform in a big hurricane in DCA 2006, which was comical and crazy, giant wind gusts, and sheets of rain knocking people down, causing every single member of the guard to drop at once etc.  Better safe than sorry.

Best of luck to all for a great DCA 2019, weather notwithstanding.  

Good to see you Lee! Hope all is well. 

20 hours ago, xandandl said:

This is the other shake-up news going on about DCA.  

And to think Terri, I always thought you and Jim were talking about some alcoholic beverage you like to imbibe when visiting contests. Sorry.

https://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-nws-pa-yuengling-ice-cream-sold-20190830-2n3y4o527bajlhk4poyz2lf2qq-story.html

hE861B528

That's it. First Yuengling next...the world! Time to move DCA finals to Atlanta. See you all next year at the dome!

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever

1 hour ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

hE861B528

That's it. First Yuengling next...the world! Time to move DCA finals to Atlanta. See you all next year at the dome!

Man... I wish. For the Yuengling and the Atlanta thing. :laughing:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Man... I wish. For the Yuengling and the Atlanta thing. :laughing:

Me too brother LOL. And the more I watch the multitude of age-out videos that are popping up on Youtube, the more my brain is trying to convince me that "I've got one more year in me..."

56 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Me too brother LOL. And the more I watch the multitude of age-out videos that are popping up on Youtube, the more my brain is trying to convince me that "I've got one more year in me..."

LOL!!! Any time I get even the slightest bit of an itch.... I remind myself that the idea is for me to have more of a life, not less of one. :tongue: Then the itch quickly goes away. LOL

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

LOL!!! Any time I get even the slightest bit of an itch.... I remind myself that the idea is for me to have more of a life, not less of one. :tongue: Then the itch quickly goes away. LOL

Keep getting asked if I’m going back to the parade and standstill thing. “It’s only a couple events a year”. Then I tell them about time involved to memorize (and keep memorized) all the music (at age 60+) and it’s “oh ####”.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1