Which is your favorite 1st place show of the decade?

Which is your favorite 1st place show of the decade?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. What’s your favorite 1st place DCI show of the 2010s?

• Babylon (Santa Clara Vanguard 2018)
    • Between Angels and Demons (Cadets 2011)
    • Cabaret Voltaire (Blue Devils 2012)
    • Down Side Up (Bluecoats 2016)
    • E=mc2 (Carolina Crown 2013)
    • Felliniesque (Blue Devils 2014)
    • Ghostlight (Blue Devils 2019)
    • Ink (Blue Devils 2015)
    • Metamorph (Blue Devils 2017)
    • Through a Glass, Darkly (Blue Devils 2010)

And here is our final poll. The choices, as before, are listed by show title in alphabetical order (with no subtitles). Do also consider responding with comments about why you chose the show you did, or maybe ranking all ten shows (titles are listed here for easier copy/pasting).

Babylon (Santa Clara Vanguard 2018)

Between Angels and Demons (Cadets 2011)

Cabaret Voltaire (Blue Devils 2012)

Down Side Up (Bluecoats 2016)

E=mc2 (Carolina Crown 2013)

Felliniesque (Blue Devils 2014)

Ghostlight (Blue Devils 2019)

Ink (Blue Devils 2015)

Metamorph (Blue Devils 2017)

Through a Glass, Darkly (Blue Devils 2010)

Thanks everyone for responding! Next week, I’ll post a summary thread of all the results. In the meantime, do try to watch the DCA championships this weekend! (Whoa! Finals rescheduled to Saturday!?) (And here's a link to the previous installment in this series. Also check out the "best non-finalist" poll!)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Edit (9/8/19): And here are the results. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

35 -- Down Side Up (Bluecoats 2016)

33 -- Babylon (Santa Clara Vanguard 2018)

28 -- Felliniesque (Blue Devils 2014)

21 -- E=mc2 (Carolina Crown 2013)

18 -- Between Angels and Demons (Cadets 2011)

8 -- Metamorph (Blue Devils 2017)

6 -- Ink (Blue Devils 2015)

4 -- Cabaret Voltaire (Blue Devils 2012)

3 -- Ghostlight (Blue Devils 2019)

1 -- Through a Glass, Darkly (Blue Devils 2010)

(157 votes total)

Edited by N.E. Brigand

Without a doubt, and not even worried about being a honk, Down Side Up. I watched this show come together from the start of ST and knew I was witnessing something special. I still show DSU as my favorite of all time to my friends and family. 😉

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Without a doubt, and not even worried about being a honk, Down Side Up. I watched this show come together from the start of ST and knew I was witnessing something special. I still show DSU as my favorite of all time to my friends and family. 😉

Longtime DCP member Bruckner8, who I believe has done some teaching for Bluecoats, wrote this on June 1, 2016:

"What to expect from Bloo 2016: Some old school, some compulsories, and some game-changers."

• Like 3

Felliniesque. I saw that in Ft. Wayne the night Bloo got within a point of it. That’s as close as anyone got all season.  By the time the ballad sucked the air out of your lungs with the silent bits between hits, you knew you were watching the World Champions 

• Like 3

Fully expecting to get smoked for the homer pick, but Felliniesque is the greatest performance i have ever seen live. Not even close. Thanks for playing, God Bless goodnight. 

• Like 4

Just now, Chief Guns said:

Fully expecting to get smoked for the homer pick, but Felliniesque is the greatest performance i have ever seen live. Not even close. Thanks for playing, God Bless goodnight. 

I said to Jim “Ain’t NOBODY beating that”. 

• Like 3

1. Down side up changed Bluecoats and the activity in so many ways.

Felliniesque and Ink are astounding productions with imo the best books BD has done this decade.

Babylon is a crazy amazing show.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Felliniesque. I saw that in Ft. Wayne the night Bloo got within a point of it. That’s as close as anyone got all season.  By the time the ballad sucked the air out of your lungs with the silent bits between hits, you knew you were watching the World Champions 

The Ft Wayne show was BDs worst run that season. I remember it being billed as the showdown of the decade since it was the first matchup between Felliniesque and Tilt. Bloo absolutely ripped the house down and slayed everyone in their path with their performance that night. BD on the other hand was flat, lacked energy, appeared to be going thru the motions, and they still won by a full point. That was the nail in the coffin for the 2014 season. Sadly for Tilt, they were the innocent person that was in the wrong place at the wrong time..........or wrong year is better. Any other year, Tilt is your DCI champ. But in 2014, no one earth was beating Felliniesque.