Which is your favorite 1st place show of the decade?

Which is your favorite 1st place show of the decade?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. What’s your favorite 1st place DCI show of the 2010s?

• Babylon (Santa Clara Vanguard 2018)
    • Between Angels and Demons (Cadets 2011)
    • Cabaret Voltaire (Blue Devils 2012)
    • Down Side Up (Bluecoats 2016)
    • E=mc2 (Carolina Crown 2013)
    • Felliniesque (Blue Devils 2014)
    • Ghostlight (Blue Devils 2019)
    • Ink (Blue Devils 2015)
    • Metamorph (Blue Devils 2017)
    • Through a Glass, Darkly (Blue Devils 2010)

3 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

I hear that.

We had dinner, late spring that year, with friends who have ties to the Bluecoats organization... about a week after they had gotten back from a 'Coats camp. Our friends said pretty much the same thing... "You're gonna see stuff you've never seen before on a drum corps field." Man, were they ever correct!

I hated Tilt.............cause Bloo didn't come out west to Cali and grace us with their presence. Yea i am still pouting LMAO. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I also said “Ain’t nobody beating that” about Down Side Up.  It got beat a few times over the season but not at the big show. 

That was not only a game-changer, but just a great show no matter what the circumstances.

BD in '14.... I didn't see them until the Thursday prelims cinecast, and was wondering how they had been running basically two points ahead of great corps like Bluecoats, Cadets, and Crown.  In DCI, that's a huge point spread at the top.

Then I saw Blue Devils... and fully understood why.  LOL. They truly were in their own league that year.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, kkrepps said:

I thought Down Side Up was undefeated that year. 

I thought they were Undefeated wire to wire.

Edited by MikeRapp

1. INK - people hype up Inferno as the magical show as it was definitely the crowd favorite that year. But to me, this was the magical show, the one that had a storybook finish and all came together at just the right time. The ballad to the end was drum corps perfection 

2. Cabaret Voltaire - severly underappreciated by the common fan, I'm still amazed by this show every time I watch it 

3. Felliniesque - I doubt we'll see a show as clean and seamless ever again. Wish the ballad was longer 

4. Babylon - the hornline just had an "it" factor and Shaw just outdid himself. Probably the strongest corps to beat BD this decade. 

5. Ghostlight - the ballad is worth the price of admission alone

6. Between Angels and Demons - visual candy, I found the last third of the show to be somewhat uninteresting musically though 

7. Metamorph - if the pacing of this show wasn't so lethargic, it would be towards the top of this list. Ballad is to die for 

8. Through a Glasa, Darkly - the hornline

9. E= MC^2 - when I first got into drum corps, this was my favorite show ever. Looking back at it, it was a great show but didn't have the "sizzle"

10. Down Side Up - this is still a show I really love but if I have to compare it to other 1st place shows, it falls short. Dirtiest champion in probably more than a decade (with PR 2008 being the last one) and the uniforms were just 😕 Musically great though and I'm glad Bloo got back to actively using the best tool in a drum corps toolbox: trumpet screamers 

• Like 4