2019 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals Competition

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome BACK to STA Stadium on the campus of Williamsport Area High School in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, and the 2019 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals Competition! My name is Kevin Gamin, Managing News Editor of Drum Corps Planet, and I will be providing LIVE! From the Stands coverage of tonight’s competition!

The fun begins at 6 PM Eastern with the Columbus Saints. See you then!

My view for tonight:

DSC_0444-600x400.jpg

• Like 1

DSC_0446-300x450.jpg

• Like 1

First on the field and competing in DCA Class A is the Columbus Saints from Columbus, Ohio. Here is their 2019 program information, courtesy of Drum Corps Xperience:

Heart Of Steam

The World of Steam: Clockwork Heart by Bear McCreary

I Write Sins Not Tragedies by Panic! At The Disco

Curious World by Alice’s Night Circus

As the corps is announced, the front ensemble begins playing while the corps does movement on the field. One of our drum majors, who is also one of the main characters of the show, stands on a stage backfield and beckons to the other main character.

After a brief intro, the drum line has a feature bringing up the tempo and leading into World of Steam: Clockwork Heart.

Four guard members, including one of the main characters. She “collapses” to the field and is “helped up” by our steampunk DM.

Mellophone soloist finishes the opening movement while the rest of the horns kneel behind him.

Bass drums start I Write Sins, Not Tragedies. If you know the song, they’re playing the same rhythmic pattern which the strings play in the opening of the song.

Solo rifle is killing it in front of the drum line. Great groove from the percussion during a brief feature.

Guard now breaks out silks with many fire-colored gears on them, adding to the steam punk theme.