2019 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals Competition

21 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

That seems harsh. 

Very much so. DCA has a lot of tradition that might not quite connect with the current band mom / band dad mentality. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Very much so. DCA has a lot of tradition that might not quite connect with the current band mom / band dad mentality. 

Probably wanted to hear little Johnny or Susie’s scores and saw after competition corps as interfering 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Probably wanted to hear little Johnny or Susie’s scores and saw after competition corps as interfering 

I was going to live stream this evening, but due to prior commitments I was unable to see the event last night.  I did however follow the event from DCP, and was able to live stream the scores on the DCA FB page.  For better or worse, it WAS a CRAZY long time between the last competition corps, and the time the final score was announced.  When the camera scanned the audience, the crowd appeared very small.  Is this because a lot of folks got an early start for home, or were this year’s championships that poorly attended?

15 minutes ago, VOReason said:

I was going to live stream this evening, but due to prior commitments I was unable to see the event last night.  I did however follow the event from DCP, and was able to live stream the scores on the DCA FB page.  For better or worse, it WAS a CRAZY long time between the last competition corps, and the time the final score was announced.  When the camera scanned the audience, the crowd appeared very small.  Is this because a lot of folks got an early start for home, or were this year’s championships that poorly attended?

I watched at home and figure about an hour after between Buccs finish and Cabs Alumni finish. After that bedtime.... so no idea how much longer to do Olympic retreat set up and finally announce. Lol didn’t have to count tic marks so wth?

I watched the live stream from the DCA Facebook page of the retreat. It was a long time but I did enjoy the Cabs Alumni quite a bit. Britt was a little bored with it, but she doesn't have 35 years of drum corps history to look back on. The dance off between Bucs and CV guard was pretty funny. 

11 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I watched the live stream from the DCA Facebook page of the retreat. It was a long time but I did enjoy the Cabs Alumni quite a bit. Britt was a little bored with it, but she doesn't have 35 years of drum corps history to look back on. The dance off between Bucs and CV guard was pretty funny. 

But it seemed like all the corps were completely lined up for retreat, and the Cabs Alumni drum line kept going...and going...and going...and going.  I realize that you had to give time for the color guard dance off (BTW...was there a trophy for that?), however I am sure that some members of the Cabs Alumni’s drum line will be spending the rest of their Labor Day weekend soaking their wrists in epsom salt.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VOReason said:

But it seemed like all the corps were completely lined up for retreat, and the Cabs Alumni drum line kept going...and going...and going...and going.  I realize that you had to give time for the color guard dance off (BTW...was there a trophy for that?), however I am sure that some members of the Cabs Alumni’s drum line will be spending the rest of their Labor Day weekend soaking their wrists in epsom salt.

Probably so LOL. I know my wrists got sore just thinking about the book that the Bucs and CV drumlines laid down last night. Maybe there should be an award for the dance off LOL. I love full retreats. Trying to explain to Britt what it's like for both DCI and DCA is kinda tough. 

7 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

That seems harsh. 

Not everyone likes every segment of the activity. DCA wanted all the corps in to see the Free Players. The alumni helped give time to set up retreat because setting up DCA retreat is never fast nor organized 

5 hours ago, VOReason said:

Yes. The schedule change hurt but ticket sales weren’t strong 

19 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Free Players and Caballeros Alumni took up most of that time, although there was another 10 minutes of unnecessary delay after that.

(The Buccaneers parents next to me Were. Not. Happy. with the Cabs Alumni and kept grumbling about how they were a waste of time.)

Of course they did . 

The crowd is not a drum corps crowd anymore .

its band mom and dads sitting there watching their kids waiting for scores to come in .

Expecting a different  reaction from them  would be totally ludicrous.