2019 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals Competition

15 hours ago, totaleefree said:

I think this may cross over into about 3 of the current threads here. I am heavily involved with Gold and I am proud of all our "Band Parents" who drove over 9 hours each way to come see their kids band show.  This year we had over 20 parents come  up to Williamsport, the most support this corps has ever had at finals

That's good news.  BTW the corps was terrific at Finals!

• Like 1

My photos from Finals are uploaded to my Smugmug account. Enjoy!

https://kevingamin.smugmug.com/Marching-Arts/2019/Drum-Corps/2019-08-31-Drum-Corps-Associates-1/

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

That, for me, was the moment of the DCA season... probably the last 10 DCA seasons or so.  I got chills... #### near started crying, and that doesn't happen often with me... even though I knew it was coming. (Lou had filled me in before the performance.  LOL)

The perfect way to end that show, with one of the all-time Caballero icons playing a starring role.

even better...the member that ran to him was the youngest member of the corps...and Louie being the, uh, most seasoned. 

On 9/2/2019 at 2:19 AM, N.E. Brigand said:

Well, I think the parents next to me (1) were tired after a very long day and (2) had some definite anti-Cabs bias.

(During the competition, they were texting a friend about how they couldn't understand why the Cabs were ahead of the Sabers.)

If they were texting during the show, then they must not have AT&T or T-Mobile, because that stadium is a dead zone for anyone with those carriers  :)

The Swashbucklers or Reading! The Salsa Dancers of Hawthorne!

Whoever she is, bless her for doing that.

I haven't read all the way through the Prelims and Finals threads yet, so i apologize if this question was already answered: on Reading's uniforms, why were some shirts white and others gray?

One moment in Caballeros' show seemed like a deliberate call-back to an infamous moment in their 2014 production.

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

One moment in Caballeros' show seemed like a deliberate call-back to an infamous moment in their 2014 production.

Which moment?  Call me clueless here.  LOL

2 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I haven't read all the way through the Prelims and Finals threads yet, so i apologize if this question was already answered: on Reading's uniforms, why were some shirts white and others gray?

I think someone forgot the bleach when washing some of the unis.   😎

• Haha 1