2019 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals Competition

19 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Sound files missing ????

And people said just a few years back  the electronic issue was just about amplifying the pit . LOL

2 minutes ago, camel lips said:

Of course they did . 

The crowd is not a drum corps crowd anymore .

its band mom and dads sitting there watching their kids waiting for scores to come in .

Expecting a different  reaction from them  would be totally ludicrous.

Oh please. Here's what the "drum corps crowd" was doing today during the Alumni Spectacular: shouting out loud enough for everyone in the auditorium to hear that the alumni corps were the only real corps left because they didn't need amplification.

And there a number of current corps performers in the audience. How nice for them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Oh please. Here's what the "drum corps crowd" was doing today during the Alumni Spectacular: shouting out loud enough for everyone in the auditorium to hear that the alumni corps were the only real corps left because they didn't need amplification.

And there a number of current corps performers in the audience. How nice for them.

By the way, once such crack happened *right after* the current membes of Skyliners saluted the Skyliners Alumni by singing their corps song to them (and very nicely done, too).

• Like 1

On 9/1/2019 at 8:32 AM, Terri Schehr said:

That seems harsh. 

Indeed. While I think the Cabs Alumni performance was maybe two songs (in the middle) too long, alumni performances in DCI exhibition have been pretty lengthy too sometimes, and the Cabs' playing was great.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
Fixed spelling error.
  • Like 1

I'm a member of the Cabs Alumni, and we were instructed by DCA that we had to fill up 25 minutes at our finals exhibition, hence the inclusion of three parade tunes after our concert number.

Edited by bcc
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

the average age of the crowd wasn't band mom

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bcc said:

I'm a member of the Cabs Alumni, and we were instructed by DCA that we had to fill up 25 minutes at our finals exhibition, hence the inclusion of three parade tunes after our concert number.

gotta hate when facts eat up someone's misinformed rant

• Like 1

3 hours ago, camel lips said:

its band mom and dads sitting there watching their kids waiting for scores to come in .

If that’s true then DCA is attracting a younger crowd than what I saw 10 years back....

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

If that’s true then DCA is attracting a younger crowd than what I saw 10 years back....

I can't speak to averages, but as often as not in my attendance of DCA Prelims and Finals each year going back to 2012, I find the people I'm talking to sitting next to me are parents. This year at Prelims, it was the mother of a Carolina Gold member, who kept referring to the groups as "bands" and who was quite flummoxed when those of us near her told her that her plan of heading up to stand in front of the press box to get a better video of her son's performance would probably result in her getting kicked out. (Don't get me wrong! She was very nice. Just not very well informed, for which the corps presumably should take some blame.)

3 hours ago, bcc said:

Thanks for sharing that information. Your corps sounded great! And to be sure, even with the Free Players taking some extra time to set up, and even with you playing to the length requested, DCA apparently couldn't get the members lined up for the retreat.