2019 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals Competition

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

Which moment?  Call me clueless here.  LOL

At roughly the eight-minute mark of their eleven-minute show, most of the brass players form a diamond-shaped block down front on the left side of the field for a big chord that closes one of the songs. At the last moment, one member runs to the forward point of the diamond, right on the sideline, and holds up his hands in the air. The rest of the brass thrusts their arms forward, "pushing' him over the sideline, and he tumbles to the ground. (Then two of them run out to pick him up and bring him back onto the field.)

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 1

On 8/31/2019 at 9:18 PM, kevingamin said:

Just noticed there is somebody on the back sideline standing in front of a black backdrop. He is in the classic Cabs uniform. I can’t remember if he was there for Prelims.

He was. In both Prelims and Finals he stood behind the screen for the first nine or ten minutes of the show, then he came out and stood in front of it briefly, and then he slowly made his way to the location where he'll be met by the young corps member at the end of the performance.

I wasn't quite sure what was going on when I first saw him walking slowly onto the field in the afternoon; I thought of the "Mr. Moto" character from SCV's 2006 show.

14 hours ago, ykw said:

If they were texting during the show, then they must not have AT&T or T-Mobile, because that stadium is a dead zone for anyone with those carriers  🙂

yup

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

He was. In both Prelims and Finals he stood behind the screen for the first nine or ten minutes of the show, then he came out and stood in front of it briefly, and then he slowly made his way to the location where he'll be met by the young corps member at the end of the performance.

I wasn't quite sure what was going on when I first saw him walking slowly onto the field in the afternoon; I thought of the "Mr. Moto" character from SCV's 2006 show.

Lou Storck, a legend and great guy. He was the oldest member on the field, met and hugged by the youngest member on the field.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

The Swashbucklers or Reading! The Salsa Dancers of Hawthorne!

Whoever she is, bless her for doing that.

Yikes. That was fast.

21 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

At roughly the eight-minute mark of their eleven-minute show, most of the brass players form a diamond-shaped block down front on the left side of the field for a big chord that closes one of the songs. At the last moment, one member runs to the forward point of the diamond, right on the sideline, and holds up his hands in the air. The rest of the brass thrusts their arms forward, "pushing' him over the sideline, and he tumbles to the ground. (Then two of them run out to pick him up and bring him back onto the field.)

Got it.  When I saw the word "infamous"... I had a feeling it had something to do with that situation.

Edited by Fran Haring

6 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Got it.  When I saw the word "infamous"... I had a feeling it something to do with that situation.

I missed that moment Saturday at Prelims, but I laughed out loud when I saw it at Finals a few hours later.

(I also chortled aloud Friday night when Freelancers played "The Lick" in their performance of Florida Suite.)

• Like 1

On 9/3/2019 at 10:07 AM, ykw said:

If they were texting during the show, then they must not have AT&T or T-Mobile, because that stadium is a dead zone for anyone with those carriers  🙂

I discovered that the hard way that night.

i am still waiting for Shane McMahon to appear when Hurcs bust out "Here comes the money"

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i am still waiting for Shane McMahon to appear when Hurcs bust out "Here comes the money"

Well, the McMahons ARE from Connecticut...