Drum Corps Rivalry Stories; you didn’t like them and they didn’t like you.

Nothing that can be said while the Statutes are still in effect

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I have never marched in DCI, but I always talk about my hich school's main rival.... Westfield...... still cringe when ever I say or type that schools name.

That was the same for us. Our high school marching band field show rival was a small school called Rocori, with apologies to one of their alumni, Jay Dold, who went on to great success with the Blue Devils and taught me everything I ever learned about playing drums for marching band. 

11 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I have never marched in DCI, but I always talk about my hich school's main rival.... Westfield...... still cringe when ever I say or type that schools name.

You went to Spring HS?! 

That rivalry was well known in Houston. I went to Jersey Village a million years ago. We were never very good. (In the 1980s) 

Back in the '70's and early '80's Garfield ate green jello every close contest with Cavies who ate grape jello; but no hate here, more like sibling rivalry, though sometimes a guy from each was trying to date one of the gals from Garfield's guard and the peacock feathers would fluff.

Now talk of much later (this century) when a Cavie member swiped a BD uni and when BD mms are said to water ballooned and water gunned Cavies' last Rookie Run at Murfreesboro show; it ended the rookie run and BD fans still deny the squabble happened.

12 hours ago, TerriTroop said:

You went to Spring HS?! 

That rivalry was well known in Houston. I went to Jersey Village a million years ago. We were never very good. (In the 1980s) 

Lol no, I went to Klein Forest.... I dont think I need to go into details on why we were rivals. 

By the way, I could never understand why Westfield literally turned their backs on us during halftime. Eh, oh well