Allentown Survey

On 9/5/2019 at 9:56 AM, xandandl said:

Did anyone else get a survey from DA about attending Allentown '19 last month?

Since I didn't purchase the tickets this year (someone else took care of mine) and since the survey lacked a Did you attend this year? question, I am wondering if it is genuine.

Yes, I received the survey.  It is genuine.  Questions were more about attendance at either or both Friday and Saturday events.  Also, asked for comments and I commented that I would rather a "big" all day Saturday competition than the two night formula.  As for mosquitoes scares and event cancellations - give me a break!  

5 hours ago, Tim K said:

Most years the mosquitoes decrease around mid to late September and a good frost, about two nights in a row, ends mosquito season. If the event is being sponsored by a public school or any of the schools that participate in MIAA athletics (all public and Catholic high schools), the events may have to take place during daylight hours. The band contests could be impacted if they are in an area with a high EEE risk. It is a recommendation for a handful of school districts. The shows might go on, but the bands from those communities might not compete. You can’t in fairness not allow a football game on Friday night and approve for the band from the same school to compete on a Saturday night.

Also, this article, which I saw a few days ago, is a bit much. While Friday night games are becoming more common in many Massachusetts communities, and some have Saturday night games, there are still plenty who have games on Saturday afternoons. Massachusetts is not Texas. Community life does not revolve around football and some towns are scrambling to field a team. A bit ironic given that Pats tickets are like gold. EEE is not the biggest topic discussed, with the exception of the woman in the article. 

I guess the EEE threat in Mass. can't be that bad if the Patriot's are allowed to play on Sunday night!

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Tim K said:

Most years the mosquitoes decrease around mid to late September and a good frost, about two nights in a row, ends mosquito season. If the event is being sponsored by a public school or any of the schools that participate in MIAA athletics (all public and Catholic high schools), the events may have to take place during daylight hours. The band contests could be impacted if they are in an area with a high EEE risk. It is a recommendation for a handful of school districts. The shows might go on, but the bands from those communities might not compete. You can’t in fairness not allow a football game on Friday night and approve for the band from the same school to compete on a Saturday night.

Also, this article, which I saw a few days ago, is a bit much. While Friday night games are becoming more common in many Massachusetts communities, and some have Saturday night games, there are still plenty who have games on Saturday afternoons. Massachusetts is not Texas. Community life does not revolve around football and some towns are scrambling to field a team. A bit ironic given that Pats tickets are like gold. EEE is not the biggest topic discussed, with the exception of the woman in the article. 

or Pats' blood is just not as tasty as youngblood or Kraft paid mosquitoes off as well.

3 hours ago, fsthnds said:

I guess the EEE threat in Mass. can't be that bad if the Patriot's are allowed to play on Sunday night!

It’s a recommendation for schools, not a requirement or a law. Foxboro is near some communities where there are concerns, but it is not listed as a high risk community.