Positive Brainstorming/DCA

1 minute ago, Fred Windish said:

Very helpful tips, lcarlton !

Took a quick look at the fiverr site. Reads like a valuable resource for the DCA organization to utilize.  Thank you for participating in this discussion.  

You're welcome. It really is great. We had this order done for our poster and it only cost $15 and was done in 1 day https://www.fiverr.com/d3sign_engine/create-a-pro-fitness-basketball-and-gym-posters-581b?source=order_page_summary_gig_link_title&funnel=9e21e492-8397-4cf2-bdbb-ba810abae2f1 . If you scroll through you'll see our poster for our show a few images in. 

Same for the videos; we got them done for $20 and turned around in three days. We attached a ticket purchase link to it, and people were buying tickets online through Facebook using our vendor tickettailor; easy peasy!

6 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

No, that is not quite it.

Some DCA corps already worked out participation with DCI many years ago, and have done so annually ever since.  They can talk to DCI about adding one more show whenever they want.  Frankly, DCA has no right (or reason) to interfere in DCI show scheduling, or to dictate what a DCA corps can/cannot do on weekends when they have no DCA commitments.

The only reason DCA did interfere is because they thought that a DCI championship-week event might become a replacement "finals" for certain DCA corps who find Labor Day weekend increasingly problematic.  Which brings me back to this...

DCA is demonstrably aware that Labor Day weekend has become a detriment.  Yet, as long as 6 out of 10 voting corps choose to stay the course, it does not matter how detrimental it becomes to the other 4 voting corps, the 4 non-voting entrants, or any other potential participants like MBI or Chops who have already dropped out.

MBI and Chops going Soundsport should be more than enough warning. i imagine others are exploring that or open class for DCI

6 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Is that a problem?

If Labor Day weekend only works for 6 corps, then the show should go on with 6 corps.

If the people involved want that event to be larger, then they need more corps who find it practical.  That means they need more corps in areas where school starts later (i.e. the NE), and more corps based near the show site (i.e. the NE).  They would need more NE corps!

6 corps is a problem yes. fewer fans, fewer alumni that feel any connection to stick around...fewer eyes on the product to gain members. yeah it's a problem

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Where in the NE do schools start after Labor Day? No idea myself

some parts of PA yet I believe.

4 hours ago, C.Holland said:

start somewhere.  innovate and it'll help to grow that fanbase. 

give the corps a reason to bring some more people.   No show will hate increased revenue for a 15% fan vote. 

provide audience interaction that isn't there currently.     Be the fun approachable circuit that it used to be.  

encourage the younger audience to show up since the old one is dying off.   make a connection to the younger fans via technology. 

be positive about something.  try it. 

fan voting isn't going to get kids. marketing with schools and circuits get kids eyes on the product. group discounts help too

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

MBI and Chops going Soundsport should be more than enough warning. i imagine others are exploring that or open class for DCI

I don't think Buccs or CV would ever go to Open class. I think both organizations understand that being 1st or 2nd place in DCA garners more attention than being 14th (or wherever they would fall) in Open Class. I could be wrong, but it just seems like something they wouldn't do. Would they compete in an Open / All Age hybrid where DCA and DCI join forces...I don't see why not if the conditions are right. It's going to take a lot of stroking of ego's to make that happen I suspect. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

fan voting isn't going to get kids. marketing with schools and circuits get kids eyes on the product. group discounts help too

start somewhere.  do something better to make connections and the circuit more accessible than it is.   the power of the app to make connections is unlimited.  

i thought this was the positive brainstorming thread? 

39 minutes ago, C.Holland said:

start somewhere.  do something better to make connections and the circuit more accessible than it is.   the power of the app to make connections is unlimited.  

i thought this was the positive brainstorming thread? 

Would DCI allow use of the app? I don't know that any of us here would know. It would be interesting for certain. 

17 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Would DCI allow use of the app? I don't know that any of us here would know. It would be interesting for certain. 

servierville, TN show used a paper ballot for their fan vote.  it wasn't part of the total score.  but it was fun to see a brand new gatorade jug be awarded to the fan favorite.

if DCA is smart.  they'd get a programmer to develop it, then RENT it to DCI shows for $$$$$$$$.