Positive Brainstorming/DCA

14 minutes ago, C.Holland said:

engaging them digitally will bring more fans.  this is the era where everything is found on a phone or tablet.  time to hire some software engineers to do just that. 

the voting app is a fun feature.  where DCA was supposed to be the fun circuit.  

otherwise its looking like a DCI lite. 

Look at DCA's 990. There isn't enough budget to hire software engineers. DCI has about 25x the revenue of DCA.

Don't worry about geofencing the vote. Don't include bleacher votes in the corps' score. Possibly award a "Fan Favorite trophy" or something like that. 

Edited by cybersnyder

21 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

Look at DCA's 990. There isn't enough budget to hire software engineers. DCI has about 25x the revenue of DCA.

Don't worry about geofencing the vote. Don't include bleacher votes in the corps' score. Possibly award a "Fan Favorite trophy" or something like that. 

then its time for the corps to band together, take a collection, and pay into the pot which will save their butts.   DCI pulls its resources.  Hence all the corps have a buy in and shares of the profits.  Not every corps for itself. 

16 minutes ago, C.Holland said:

then its time for the corps to band together, take a collection, and pay into the pot which will save their butts.   DCI pulls its resources.  Hence all the corps have a buy in and shares of the profits.  Not every corps for itself. 

I encourage you to look at some of the organization's 990 filings.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2019 at 5:16 PM, N.E. Brigand said:

Still not clear to me what power Alan Buell has over DCI that would stop DCI from saying: "We'll talk to whoever we want to, thank you."

Having known Alan through my WGI days he’s very controlling, controversial,  and extremely thinned skin. Doesn’t take direction very well at all. 

23 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Having known Alan through my WGI days he’s very controlling, controversial,  and extremely thinned skin. Doesn’t take direction very well at all. 

OK, but just because he can be unpleasant to deal with doesn't really give him any leverage over Dan Acheson.

52 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

This was NOT a post to ATTACK DCA or ANYONE!!!

We were doing fine up till this post!

I know Allen too! I will say it's NOT an easy job for ANYONE to head any group to include DCA. My hat off to anyone who has the guts to be a leader in anything.

I don't agree with your post whatsoever!!!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

Question for anyone ‘in the know’ . . .  .

Is the DCA- approved judges list large enough in number to run 3 separate competitions on the same date?

Thanks, I’m brainstorming something!

given most judges worked at best 3 times this season, I'd say so.

3 hours ago, C.Holland said:

this is all part of creating an attachment and engaging the younger generations.  this is marketing.  it's not for your age group.  your age group is either engaged and staying, or has already left. no reason to bother with it.

use the same app for ticketing and, much like the DCI app, videos of the lot, interviews with the showmen drum majors and designers...  all the stuff you're getting everywhere else, you should be getting on your phone.  This is the new generation of drum corps fans. 

I know it's not my age group. I also know that American Idol and that fan voting stuff has been dying out. if you want to have it, don't make it part of the score. if you want it as part of the score, i don't blame corps one bit for saluting the proposal with a certain finger

1 hour ago, Poppycock said:

so tell us how you really feel?

• Haha 2