Marching Roundtable 828: Bluecoats Arrangers On 2019’s “The Bluecoats”

This was a fantastic interview. Thanks, Tim Hinton, and of course the Bluecoats team, for spending 90 minutes talking about the show.

Fwiw, I would love to hear some of these leading design teams talk about the direction of the activity. I’ve watched a good number of these sorts of interviews, and as a designer, I am always left really begging for them to sort of open up and talk about the history of the activity, where they think it is going, and what design choices they are making as a result.

According to a key adviser to the president of Brazil, the Beatles were "semi-literate in music" and their songs were actually composed by the German philosopher Theodor Adorno.

If that claim results in a copyright dispute that prevents Bluecoats' 2019 show from making it to CD and video, I'm going to be quite upset. It's one thing to burn down the Amazon rainforest, but this sort of kerfuffle would be a step too far.

(Also dig this commentary on the Beatles' authorship from quirky Jeopardy! champion Arthur Chu.)