Has anyone seen this awful Jardiance commercial?

I don’t even know what the drug is supposed to do but the way they show marching band is pathetic. The director is on the field “directing” and doesn’t direct in time. She has some goofy expression on her face that is so fake it makes me want to throw something at the tv.

The band doesn’t even march in time.

There is a scene where the football team almost collides with the band—as if the two would ever be on the field at the same time! It’s like the worst SNL fake tv spot ever made but it’s real.

Get off my lawn!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

41 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

I don’t even know what the drug is supposed to do but the way they show marching band is pathetic. The director is on the field “directing” and doesn’t direct in time. She has some goofy expression on her face that is so fake it makes me want to throw something at the tv.

The band doesn’t even march in time.

There is a scene where the football team almost collides with the band—as if the two would ever be on the field at the same time! It’s like the worst SNL fake tv spot ever made but it’s real.

Get off my lawn!

Shouldn’t this go in the Band Gets No Respect thread? 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

It's definitely the offseason. Let's get offended over nothing, and do the merry-go-round about how we've all been treated so awful for this thing called band.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mcjordansc said:

Dude, it is a diabetes medicine commercial. The band is not important. 

52 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I wish I could show this much passion about the dumbest things 

Jardiance is a anti-diabetic medicine which supposedly also protects the kidney while moving the sugars out of the body through the displacement of urine.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I am both a diabetic and a kidney cancer patient.  My doctor has just removed me from Jardiance due to the most painful side effects men can feel. Ouch!

One of the signs of diabetics having a diabetic attack (low blood sugar or even over maximized high levels of sugar) is the disturbance in "simple things" like balance, speech, sight, and perception. I am presuming that the intent of the ad makers is to show that disconnect in timing due to uncontrolled blood sugars or sugar levels which are not appropriate.

Any competent field instructor/tech in drum corps or marching band will be aware of what mms seem "out of it" for which the good instructor/tech would inquire "Are you feeling alright?" before the barbaric command of "give me 10 push-ups."  I have even been at contests where aware judges have ransomed mms from collapsing on the field due to poor sugar levels and heat stroke. Left unaddressed diabetic attacks can cause strokes and can be fatal. I believe Lori Van Doren and her health, safety, and medical committee is addressing the protocols for diabetics among the many great things the committee is doing.

I am surprised that a poster who proports himself as a student of a type of medical study would relegate diabetic attacks as "about the dumbest things." Nice bedside manner. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Jardiance is the new waffles...

• Haha 3