Has anyone seen this awful Jardiance commercial?

In the commercial, the "conductor" is conducting a cut-time pedagoge and the music background is in 4/4.

What's THAT about?

I don't think a Jay Kennedy jingle would be presented so cavalierly (no reflection on the corps).

Now, Jardiance does a commercial where the band pummels the football team and I'm taking Jardiance just because I want to.

(I'm kidding, Xandy.  Two diabetics in my family and not poking fun except at the commercial director.)

7 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

That was the worst.  The part that made me laugh the hardest was how the producers were trying to create drama.  And the dramatic music they would play when trying to create the drama.  

I tried to find the show again on all media I could think to search so I could let Britt watch it. I finally was able to find it on Amazon. When I attempted to play it, it basically said "This content is unavailable because no one gave two ####'s about this series." 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

They attempted traditional grip! That's a plus at least!

Boy, you're gracious to even call that Traditional grip!  I'd have been more impressed had they just admitted defeat and played matched.

"Those that can, do, and those that can't play matched."

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

I don’t even know what the drug is supposed to do but the way they show marching band is pathetic. The director is on the field “directing” and doesn’t direct in time. She has some goofy expression on her face that is so fake it makes me want to throw something at the tv.

The band doesn’t even march in time.

There is a scene where the football team almost collides with the band—as if the two would ever be on the field at the same time! It’s like the worst SNL fake tv spot ever made but it’s real.

Get off my lawn!

If you read the fine print of the medication, one of the side effects is uncontrollable goofy expressions. :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I tried to find the show again on all media I could think to search so I could let Britt watch it. I finally was able to find it on Amazon. When I attempted to play it, it basically said "This content is unavailable because no one gave two ####'s about this series." 

I guarantee it will surface again when the trial is at hand. 

It's just more evidence of why someone "needs to go to jail".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, garfield said:

In the commercial, the "conductor" is conducting a cut-time pedagoge and the music background is in 4/4.

What's THAT about?

I don't think a Jay Kennedy jingle would be presented so cavalierly (no reflection on the corps).

Now, Jardiance does a commercial where the band pummels the football team and I'm taking Jardiance just because I want to.

(I'm kidding, Xandy.  Two diabetics in my family and not poking fun except at the commercial director.)

yeah, and Craiga is out to win the Body by Drum Corps -Volunteer Edition trophy (yah know, that building a champion thingitis?)

25 minutes ago, Lance said:

also, mr. holland's opus. 

Just ruined my appetite... year that came out I did a lot of flying. Saw it in flight so many times I didn’t need to hear it. Only movie played more was The Phantom yuck

or as MAD magazine called it “Mr Holland’s Old Puss”

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Just ruined my appetite... year that came out I did a lot of flying. Saw it in flight so many times I didn’t need to hear it. Only movie played more was The Phantom yuck

Hey Jim, Billy Zane just called and asked that we don't ever mention that movie again. He's afraid that it's like Bloody Mary and if we mention it 3 times, Paramount will want to create a sequel. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

or as MAD magazine called it “Mr Holland’s Old Puss”

not a good movie to me, either, but the thing i found funniest was he learned to "conduct" by directly mirroring his conducing motion with videos of real conductors. 

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, garfield said:

No, sorry, it's just bad.  There's no "good" to that dumb movie.

My taste in movies can sometimes  be depressing, so every now and then I enjoy forgettable and bad movies. In 1994 I found the movie “I’ll Do Anything” hysterical, even though the critics and audiences hated it. The previous movies I had seen were “Schindler’s List,” “In the Name of the Father,” and “Philadelphia,” not exactly laugh riots. So bad, stupid movies have their place. I also haven’t watched it again.