9/11/2019

50 minutes ago, DCVNVET said:

2002, 2nd Deck, 3rd row up,  Had no prior idea of show composition,  never had seen BC before  and Wow, Wow, Wow. (BTW the Cadets show also) Being a military brat and a combat Veteran from Vietnam I was overwhelmed at what I saw unfold.  I swear BC had some Ninja's cutting up onions in the pit.  Believe me Tis a gift to be simple and Tis a gift to be free.  Thanks for posting Barneveld!

I guess this is my day to cry.  Every year since 2001. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Closing soon.

Yep some people just can’t control themselves. Even when others want to quietly remember those we lost. 

After all venting a gripe is more important right...

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

🇺🇸

eh?

Drum Corps' roots are in jingoistic patriotism.  Opinions of its merit vary wildly, apparently and sadly, but the past can't be changed.

The tribute shows done by drum corps were recognition of their times.  Were those corps jingoistic to perform them?  Or paying tribute to "We Will Rise" (because why?: 'Merica)?

Drum corp is as patriotic and American as apple pie, baseball, and lemonade even if not as intensely today.

Celebrating the lives lost can't be real and true without recognizing that which is being defended against invaders and terrorists.  That is what 'Merica means.

God Bless America, its citizens, and drum corps and may we never forget the jingoistic patriotism that bind the two together.

7 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

Madison Scouts "New York Morning".

I still tear up every time I watch that show.

Yes, the Scouts' 2011 show was both a sincere and well-made commemoration of that awful day, putting it in the good company of works like this essay by Tom Junod (warning: graphic image at link) and this short film by Alejandro González Iñárritu (same warning).