Indy Survey from DCI/DA is up

9 hours ago, DeanInChicago said:

They finally added Shapiro's to the long line up of Indy eateries, but continue to omit my annual trek to The Slippery Noodle.

Yeah, I was scrolling endlessly down that list of places, most of which I never even heard of, until I finally saw Shapiro's... "There's one I actually went to!"

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

ditto. they just look here and Facebook to see what we think ( or they listen to DCAF)

you have to have bought a ticket to Indy in 2018 or 2019 to get the survey. Flomarching viewers aren't included in this survey except for one question.

11 hours ago, DeanInChicago said:

Were the Armed Forces questions new this year?  We were asked if we served in the Army, Air Force, Marines, or Coast Guard.

... And did any of our kids, siblings, parents, or grandparents serve?

I thought that odd at first until I wondered if it had anything to do with Marine D&BC, Hellcats(Army) and USAF reps present. Never any Navy or CG presence in Indy; they forget the White River.

21 hours ago, kkrepps said:

I said that the quality and variation at the concessions was poor. ...

I much prefer the offerings (and prices) at Atlanta and had a good discussion about this with the parents' group from 2 Catholic h.s.'s from Indy who were staffing the concessions there at LOS as a fundraising effort; they neither set the prices nor choose the food. Several of them pointed out how there are no items available for diabetics and few for folks on  low sodium medical diets, which is probably in variance with some American Disabilities Act subsection.  Rather it's bar food style (high salt, high carbs) so one buys more beverages.

The survey hinted at accusations against DCI for not being family-friendly.  Here's another item for the Health & Safety Committee under L. Van Doren to purview. 

My email invitation had a proper address and subject, but no content.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AU8QCo9wYLFjqq6u5

The concessions near the southwest side of LOS - near the doors out to the lots - are almost always very short lines. Not sure I have ever had to wait more than a minute or two.

But then, I often step out during the performance of a certain corps', the name of which I dare not mention in a public forum.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, xandandl said:

you have to have bought a ticket to Indy in 2018 or 2019 to get the survey. Flomarching viewers aren't included in this survey except for one question.

i buy Allentown tickets every year and never get the survey, and i am a presale purchaser

3 hours ago, kkrepps said:

Yeah, I was scrolling endlessly down that list of places, most of which I never even heard of, until I finally saw Shapiro's... "There's one I actually went to!"

That list was too high class for me.  Was so busy chasing Guardians around that we ended up at IHOP, Sirloin Stockade, and Fazolis...

Mike

For those who've purchased Finals tix, but aren't getting the survey:  This year's survey email had a BIG link to opt out of future surveys and a small button underneath to start the survey.  I don't recall previous email formats, but could you have clicked the opt out link by mistake in a previous year? (I almost did this year.)  Does DCI have a way to opt back in?

1 hour ago, mjoakes said:

The concessions near the southwest side of LOS - near the doors out to the lots - are almost always very short lines. Not sure I have ever had to wait more than a minute or two.

But then, I often step out during the performance of a certain corps', the name of which I dare not mention in a public forum.

Wait, you mean you actually DO have a "hot dog corps"?

• Like 1