Indy Survey from DCI/DA is up

1 hour ago, MikeN said:

That list was too high class for me. 

Yeah, me too.  My wife was cooking for the corps so we ate corps food a lot. Also, I was traveling with two teens and a tween and they wanted Chick Fil A (or IHOP) every other meal.  So no, I wasn't sipping martinis and eating shrimp cocktail at St Elmo's either. I did get some breaded pork tenderloin at Eddie's drive in though. 

4 hours ago, xandandl said:

you have to have bought a ticket to Indy in 2018 or 2019 to get the survey. Flomarching viewers aren't included in this survey except for one question.

So is there a special way of purchasing tickets that got you the survey?  Like on-line, call to order, through a ticketing agency, corps block purchasing?  I'm sure walking up to ta ticket window wasn't getting you the survey even if you charged tickets.

15 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

They don’t send me a survey and I actually was in Bloomington and every year in Indy.

Terri,

They are afraid of you.  Be strong. 

• Haha 2

On 9/11/2019 at 2:04 PM, Sideways said:

Disco Demolition Night 

X-men could pull this off.

Did they ask any seat poacher questions on the survey?  Because I have a good story.  And I can’t remember if I told it or not because I’m old. 

We have it down to a science how we see every corps over three days.  We rarely deviate from the schedule.   We came back to our seats after a little break on Thursday and of course, someone is sitting there. Jim says you’re in our seats. He responds that he “just wants to watch this corps before he moves”.  Jim says I don’t care where you watch this corps but you’re not watching them in these seats. I was lmao.  “I just want to watch this one corps”.  I had to go to the bathroom later to see if I had stupid tattooed on my forehead. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Did they ask any seat poacher questions on the survey?  Because I have a good story.  And I can’t remember if I told it or not because I’m old. 

We have it down to science how we see every corps over three days.  We rarely deviate from the schedule.   We came back to our seats after a little break on Thursday and of course, someone is sitting there. Jim says you’re in our seats. He responds that he “just wants to watch this corps before he moves”.  Jim says I don’t care where you watch this corps but you’re not watching them in these seats. I was lmao.  “I just want to watch this one corps”.  I had to go to the bathroom later to see if I had stupid tattooed on my forehead. 

Maybe you missed the "Stupid" tattoo on the poachers forehead.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

We have it down to science how we see every corps over three days.  We rarely deviate from the schedule.   We came back to our seats after a little break on Thursday and of course, someone is sitting there. Jim says you’re in our seats. He responds that he “just wants to watch this corps before he moves”.  Jim says I don’t care where you watch this corps but you’re not watching them in these seats. I was lmao.  “I just want to watch this one corps”.  I had to go to the bathroom later to see if I had stupid tattooed on my forehead. 

They asked where we sat -- in ticketed seats, moved up, moved down, moved closer to 50, or moved further from 50.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Did they ask any seat poacher questions on the survey?  ....

Terri, there was one gently worded question:  Did you sit in the seat that you purchased or did you move around?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LabMaster said:

So is there a special way of purchasing tickets that got you the survey?  Like on-line, call to order, through a ticketing agency, corps block purchasing?  I'm sure walking up to ta ticket window wasn't getting you the survey even if you charged tickets.

Corps block purchasers I know have received the survey. Ticket window purchasers I know have received the survey. DCI on-line and call to order customers that I know have gotten the survey. But not everyone who bought tickets got the survey, which says to me that it may have been a sampling or random selection of purchasers. In fact, how one purchased the tickets was a question with all the possibilities you mention included, but no mention of sidewalk vendors or Stubhub type of purchase. However, the survey designers failed to include options such as "did you receive your ticket as a gift or as a business perk or as a corps volunteer?" option besides actually purchasing.

And there was a question about seat poaching as CrownBariDad affirms for Terri.

1 hour ago, DeanInChicago said:

Terri, there was one gently worded question:  Did you sit in the seat that you purchased or did you move around?

6 hours ago, kkrepps said:

Yeah, me too.  My wife was cooking for the corps so we ate corps food a lot. Also, I was traveling with two teens and a tween and they wanted Chick Fil A (or IHOP) every other meal.  So no, I wasn't sipping martinis and eating shrimp cocktail at St Elmo's either. I did get some breaded pork tenderloin at Eddie's drive in though. 

Culver's wasn't on the list, and I didn't see Steak-and-Shake on the list either.  The second really felt the absence of BDB and SCVC this year; there were actually booths available for the rest of us.