Indy Survey from DCI/DA is up

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

DCI has been in Indianapolis for a while. WGI has been in Dayton for a while.

Honest question here... do the event attendees complain as much about Dayton as folks complain about Indianapolis?

I have not been to either event or city, so I have no reference point here.

Dayton has become a goal for staff and members to perform in the Dayton arena. Members even have a tradition  of kissing the wall  entering the floor of the arena. Dayton has partnered with WGI to make it work for all involved. There have been other great places in the past like San Diego , Phoenix  ( hated Buffalo yeasr ago ) but Dayton is home and a goal. The MMs who compete in other venues strive for that area.

Biggest complaints of the past there were seating for members of guards from other classes attending World Class finals which sometimes has been awful, even behind draping but WGI seems to work on those issues as long as the bread and butter guards of A class ( meaning where the money really is ) speak up

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

much smaller number of attendees for WGI, so fewer complaints. Also, WGI has grown so that "Dayton" can mean anywhere from Cincinnati to Columbus depending where your prelims are being held (several campuses) and where your unit finds practice facilities and housing. Definitely not as costly as Indianapolis.

Even northern Kentucky. 

2 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Dayton has become a goal for staff and members to perform in the Dayton arena. Members even have a tradition  of kissing the wall  entering the floor of the arena. Dayton has partnered with WGI to make it work for all involved. There have been other great places in the past like San Diego , Phoenix  ( hated Buffalo yeasr ago ) but Dayton is home and a goal. The MMs who compete in other venues strive for that area.

Biggest complaints of the past there were seating for members of guards from other classes attending World Class finals which sometimes has been awful, even behind draping but WGI seems to work on those issues as long as the bread and butter guards of A class ( meaning where the money really is ) speak up

UD is also doing renovations over a few years period which helps. But honestly most complaints I hear about Indy isn't the city, it's the venue.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

DCI has been in Indianapolis for a while. WGI has been in Dayton for a while.

Honest question here... do the event attendees complain as much about Dayton as folks complain about Indianapolis?

I have not been to either event or city, so I have no reference point here.

well, they aren't Williamsport.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

UD is also doing renovations over a few years period which helps. But honestly most complaints I hear about Indy isn't the city, it's the venue.

Mercedes Benz stadium is much nicer.  I think we’re probably going to go to Atlanta every year now.  Along with Indy but LOS pales in comparison. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Mercedes Benz stadium is much nicer.  I think we’re probably going to go to Atlanta every year now.  Along with Indy but LOS pales in comparison. 

Agree to an extent, but I much prefer the seating in LOS. The Club Level in MB in Atlanta is not steep enough. You, I bet, would really have trouble seeing over or around those in the row in front of you. I am 6 feet tall and I was having some trouble.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, denmum said:

Agree to an extent, but I much prefer the seating in LOS. The Club Level in MB in Atlanta is not steep enough. You, I bet, would really have trouble seeing over or around those in the row in front of you. I am 6 feet tall and I was having some trouble.

I guess I was lucky this time.  We sat down low and no one was in front of me.  The old Georgia dome had the same grade and I couldn’t see around people so I know what you mean. 

I’m 5’4 so it’s a problem.  Especially in theaters. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Told you Terri LOL. I really do wish they would try Championships in Hotlanta one more time. 

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Even northern Kentucky. 

yes as Cincy airport is in NKY and is a non-stress airport.  Hotels in Covington, Frankfort, Newport and area give nice view of Cincy skyline and lower fees. From NKY to Dayton is usually only an hour run outside of Cincy rush hours (which is as congested southbound as northbound.)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, denmum said:

A first world problem for someone who probably always sat center seat in the back row of the bus, ha, ha.

• Like 1