Sign in to follow this  
xandandl

Indy Survey from DCI/DA is up

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i buy Allentown tickets every year and never get the survey, and i am a presale purchaser

This was only Indy. Your comment needs to be on the Allentown survey thread.

On second thought, since Dan A's cell phone number is at the bottom of the survey under his signature, maybe that's why they left you and Terry out.¬† Make that now his "old" cell phone number.ūüėĄ

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xandandl said:

Culver's wasn't on the list,

Oh yeah, forgot Culver's.  I still haven't been there, but my daughter had a butterburger with one of her friends on the trip. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A local news outlet published a list of new food offerings for LOS. An asterisk means available in. Suites only.

  • Chicken and waffle sandwich that also has bacon and strawberry jam.
  • Nachos with Indiana-raised duck shredded on top
  • Several vegetarian options
  • Surf and turf kabobs with beef and shrimp*
  • Three foot Italian sub*
  • Pimento mac and cheese bites*
  • fresh baked pies, dip and salads*
  • 'Burger of the Game,' based on each opponent
  • Beer flights and hard seltzer

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2019 at 10:19 AM, mjoakes said:

My email invitation had a proper address and subject, but no content.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AU8QCo9wYLFjqq6u5

Browser-based email retrieval gave me the link, so maybe that wasn't a DCI problem.

Thought the survey was average. Some questions and options could be improved. Also very long. But you know, it's not at all bad, and I suspect DCI gets some good info from it. Always glad when an organization requests feedback.

Here's to 2020!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand why DCI does it (better price with long term contract, centrally located, etc.), but it was more interesting when finals were held in various cities. Indianapolis could not be a more boring place.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

I understand why DCI does it (better price with long term contract, centrally located, etc.), but it was more interesting when finals were held in various cities. Indianapolis could not be a more boring place.

 

We did a visit to Butler University with my daughter when we were at nationals.  Funny how that worked out.  She wants to go to school in a big city (NY, Chicago, Boston).  She was not pleased with Indy when she looked out the hotel window (we were downtown) as said " ahh, where are all the people?"  So the city vibe she was hoping for wasn't there.  On the way home after the visit she announced "Butler is my number 1 choice now".  Go figure.  she ended up liking Indy.  I found it boring too Greg-O.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2019 at 3:19 PM, LabMaster said:

We did a visit to Butler University with my daughter when we were at nationals.  Funny how that worked out.  She wants to go to school in a big city (NY, Chicago, Boston).  She was not pleased with Indy when she looked out the hotel window (we were downtown) as said " ahh, where are all the people?"  So the city vibe she was hoping for wasn't there.  On the way home after the visit she announced "Butler is my number 1 choice now".  Go figure.  she ended up liking Indy.  I found it boring too Greg-O.

Butler is a top notch school. There are a lot of top schools around, however. Hope she gets in to a few that will work out for her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2019 at 3:19 PM, LabMaster said:

We did a visit to Butler University with my daughter when we were at nationals.  Funny how that worked out.  She wants to go to school in a big city (NY, Chicago, Boston).  She was not pleased with Indy when she looked out the hotel window (we were downtown) as said " ahh, where are all the people?"  So the city vibe she was hoping for wasn't there.  On the way home after the visit she announced "Butler is my number 1 choice now".  Go figure.  she ended up liking Indy.  I found it boring too Greg-O.

The new music arranger of SCV, a Jim Jones winner I recall and former DM and staffer of Carolina Crown, is a Butler graduate.

His roommate was a Rosemont Cavalier who also had marched Avon H.S. and is now doing doctoral studies in Germany.  When Butler eked into the NCAA Final( basketball) Four several years back, the emails from the two of them and their sly, needling comments constantly had me in stitches. Butler never won a NCAAMBB title; Villanova has several. Great guys though.

Spirit of Atlanta just named a Butler grad as co-head of their percussion team, Chris Hodgeson.

Edited by xandandl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DCI has been in Indianapolis for a while. WGI has been in Dayton for a while.

Honest question here... do the event attendees complain as much about Dayton as folks complain about Indianapolis?

I have not been to either event or city, so I have no reference point here.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fran Haring said:

DCI has been in Indianapolis for a while. WGI has been in Dayton for a while.

Honest question here... do the event attendees complain as much about Dayton as folks complain about Indianapolis?

I have not been to either event or city, so I have no reference point here.

 

much smaller number of attendees for WGI, so fewer complaints. Also, WGI has grown so that "Dayton" can mean anywhere from Cincinnati to Columbus depending where your prelims are being held (several campuses) and where your unit finds practice facilities and housing. Definitely not as costly as Indianapolis.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.