YEA / Cadets Injury Lawsuit

7 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

Try negotiating liability coverage for a group of 170 19 and 20 year olds in a social fraternity on a Big 10 campus.

Oh NO sir, we would NEVER have alcohol on our property accessible to minors..

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Are you saying he doesn't have a leg to stand on!

No you didn't...

• Like 2

Are the Cadets a safe organization? For me this is strike 3.

Between the Hopkins situation, the member on member rape allegation and now this, one has to question whether the Cadets are a safe organization to send your child to. For me, its all about optics, which right now is poor at best.

Just because the Cadets administration has changed again, there is no proof that they would be any better at managing the corps than the last 2. If Pioneer was suspended and not allowed to compete because of their treatment of members and staff, Cadets should also be suspended from competition until all allegations have been cleared in the courts.

If DCI is truly serious about the safety of all those involved in the activity, maybe punishing one of the big names will force all the other corps to take the new safety policies seriously. This includes the ridiculous props that do nothing to but possibly cause serious injuries. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, OldBones said:

Between the Hopkins situation, the member on member rape allegation and now this, one has to question whether the Cadets are a safe organization to send your child to. For me, its all about optics, which right now is poor at best.

Just because the Cadets administration has changed again, there is no proof that they would be any better at managing the corps than the last 2. If Pioneer was suspended and not allowed to compete because of their treatment of members and staff, Cadets should also be suspended from competition until all allegations have been cleared in the courts.

If DCI is truly serious about the safety of all those involved in the activity, maybe punishing one of the big names will force all the other corps to take the new safety policies seriously. This includes the ridiculous props that do nothing to but possibly cause serious injuries. 

SO I guess you are ok with todays staging verses the fast faster fastest. ever changing drill moves, which as much as I loved that too caused more injuries than any prop.. AS far as Cadets or any corps inner workings, Members will decide if 3 strikes means anything. If new or old members feel instability then they won't stay or audition

20 minutes ago, xandandl said:

don't even bother with OldBones, another one of the Crossmen alum still mad at GH for selling their corps to Texas and thus mad at everything having to do with Maroon and Gold. They carry a very heavy grudge and blame everyone but themselves for 1) the demise of their corps; 2) that their corps marched overagers and were suspended; 3) that Philadelphia has changed from their ancient memories.

velocity drill caused only turned ankles and a few embarrassed faces when mms met wet turf or didn't pay attention.  Props can be way more devastating. Ask BD and Bloo mms.

Thanks for advice on poster

I do remember some other very serious injuries, I remember a crown kid literally dragged off the field and others

Broken noses and fingers on guard members

I kinda remember a fall of a brass player knocking out a few teeth

Edited by GUARDLING

6 hours ago, OldBones said:

Aren't you deeming guilt?  You're either extremely talented, narcissistic, or angry as Xandy says.

Your comparison to Pioneer is ludicrous at every level.  Corps with histories such as Cadets' have EARNED the benefit of the doubt and your "three strikes" line is completely irrelevant to the Cadets or the new lawsuit.

Optics are more important than truth, eh?  So, you'd send your kid to a corps with fine optics but that's polluted and dysfunctional in operation?  Isn't this "optics" canard the whole reason that #MeToo found fertile ground in DCI?

I'd think you'd at least wait for a single testimony or piece of evidence before sharpening the last nails in Cadets' coffin.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

don't even bother with OldBones, another one of the Crossmen alum still mad at GH for selling their corps to Texas and thus mad at everything having to do with Maroon and Gold. They carry a very heavy grudge and blame everyone but themselves for 1) the demise of their corps; 2) that their corps marched overagers and were suspended; 3) that Philadelphia has changed from their ancient memories.

velocity drill caused only turned ankles and a few embarrassed faces when mms met wet turf or didn't pay attention.  Props can be way more devastating. Ask BD and Bloo mms.

Or Cadets kids putting them together in hard hats and steel-toed boots.

I'd bet regional competitions soon become "Prop Inspections Sites" sometime soon.  There's enough mechanical engineer volunteer talent to see that it's done for all corps in one place at one time.  Three or four times a year.  Also, if corps know the inspections are coming up, it's likely that they'll keep the props in better shape during the whole season.

4 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

SO I guess you are ok with todays staging verses the fast faster fastest. ever changing drill moves, which as much as I loved that too caused more injuries than any prop.. AS far as Cadets or any corps inner workings, Members will decide if 3 strikes means anything. If new or old members feel instability then they won't stay or audition

You make some good points; however, why is this strike 3 for the Cadets? We have only heard one side of the story. And the side we heard is purposely structured by the plaintiff's lawyer to make the Cadets sound bad. Not saying there isn't any fault on the Cadets part. What I am saying is that we should wait for both sides to present their case before blame is assigned. I will say that I don't believe that the good people in charge of the Cadets would intentionally wrong anyone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1