YEA / Cadets Injury Lawsuit

8 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

Back to the original topic since this got derailed into a discussion on props.....

I don't think anyone is arguing that the accident that occurred here with the plaintiff was anything but an accident. However the thing that looks not only bad but horribly bad and shows a severe lack of empathy and leadership on the part of the corp administration at the time was how they handled the situation.  IF it went down as stated. To dump the person at the hospital and neither follow up with them to see if they are ok or make sure they made it back home safely is totally inexcusable. Is this how they would treat a marching member? If I were a parent of a current or future member I would be asking that question.  

As has been noted , the plaintiff is painting the picture to try and get money. His story is geared to show himself in the best light and YEA! In the worst. Until the full story is told there is really no objective way to know whst actually took place. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MikeD said:

As has been noted , the plaintiff is painting the picture to try and get money. His story is geared to show himself in the best light and YEA! In the worst. Until the full story is told there is really no objective way to know whst actually took place. 

Now when has that stop some before...lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Just thinking that only reason to spell out the supposed no contact and way to get home is to show YEA as being heartless. Certainly has no bearing on accident itself or who was responsible. 

21 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

don't even bother with OldBones, another one of the Crossmen alum still mad at GH for selling their corps to Texas and thus mad at everything having to do with Maroon and Gold. They carry a very heavy grudge and blame everyone but themselves for 1) the demise of their corps; 2) that their corps marched overagers and were suspended; 3) that Philadelphia has changed from their ancient memories.

Wow. That one of the more hilarious responses Ive read in a while.  You obviously do not know me.

1) As for as being mad about the corps moving to Texas, though I was very surprised by the move and a little hurt by it, I quickly got over it because the corps was in a long period of flux and needed stability. The corps moving, whether it was to Md or Texas, was the right move.

2) Since the corps is still in existence, I don't get the demise of the corps statement.

3) Yes, there was an over aged member and the corps was suspended, but the following year they made finals. Therefore, they learned from their mistakes and grew instead of folding and becoming some distant memory.

4) Yes, I have great "ancient" memories. Anyone who marches goes away with some great memories and friendships that lasts for a long time, and it doesn't matter if the corps is still in existence or is a distant memory. As far as Philly goes, I stayed in the Philly area and still attend many events in Philly and the surrounding areas. Philly is not ancient to me.

You should know something about a person before you make stupid remarks about them. It only makes you look small minded.

As far as props and visual movement goes, DCI FORCED a safety policy on ALL corps. If members are getting seriously hurt falling off of props or because of fast movement that the corps show designers, management and possibly the board agrees to, they should be held accountable by DCI. If not, my comment about Pioneer is to point out one corps gets punished for their actions while other corps is not even looked at. Pioneer was held accountable and paid for the actions. Cadets or ANY other corps should be held to the same accountability.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OldBones said:

Wow. That one of the more hilarious responses Ive read in a while.  You obviously do not know me.

1) As for as being mad about the corps moving to Texas, though I was very surprised by the move and a little hurt by it, I quickly got over it because the corps was in a long period of flux and needed stability. The corps moving, whether it was to Md or Texas, was the right move.

2) Since the corps is still in existence, I don't get the demise of the corps statement.

3) Yes, there was an over aged member and the corps was suspended, but the following year they made finals. Therefore, they learned from their mistakes and grew instead of folding and becoming some distant memory.

4) Yes, I have great "ancient" memories. Anyone who marches goes away with some great memories and friendships that lasts for a long time, and it doesn't matter if the corps is still in existence or is a distant memory. As far as Philly goes, I stayed in the Philly area and still attend many events in Philly and the surrounding areas. Philly is not ancient to me.

You should know something about a person before you make stupid remarks about them. It only makes you look small minded.

As far as props and visual movement goes, DCI FORCED a safety policy on ALL corps. If members are getting seriously hurt falling off of props or because of fast movement that the corps show designers, management and possibly the board agrees to, they should be held accountable by DCI. If not, my comment about Pioneer is to point out one corps gets punished for their actions while other corps is not even looked at. Pioneer was held accountable and paid for the actions. Cadets or ANY other corps should be held to the same accountability.

Before even reading I am responding. I DID NOT write that  about you it came from  Xandandl

He was the one who responded to me and made those claims of you NOT ME. I have no idea who you are to make those claims

Give credit to xandandl  Im sure they will appreciate how hilarious they are😀

Edited by GUARDLING

26 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

Back to the original topic since this got derailed into a discussion on props.....

I don't think anyone is arguing that the accident that occurred here with the plaintiff was anything but an accident. However the thing that looks not only bad but horribly bad and shows a severe lack of empathy and leadership on the part of the corp administration at the time was how they handled the situation.  IF it went down as stated. To dump the person at the hospital and neither follow up with them to see if they are ok or make sure they made it back home safely is totally inexcusable. .  

We don't even have corroboration that the plaintiff's version is accurate, so to conflate how Cadets allegedly handled the injury of a volunteer adult with how they'd potentially take care of a MM, let alone a minor one, is hyperbolic and misplaced.

Many want to be outraged at everything, especially when piling on is easy due to year-old circumstances hovering.

• Like 4

When does the statue of limitations run out on bringing up a 43 year old suspension to slam someone? Person in question is probably on Medicare by now...

And West Chester = Phila-ma-delphia? Gotta be kidding....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

24 minutes ago, OldBones said:

Pioneer did not follow the steps they were told to follow, hence the suspension. Cadets basically put sn entire new admin in place that satisfied the terms of their probation. 

• Like 5

On 9/14/2019 at 12:25 PM, HockeyDad said:

The employer’s. And I’m not kidding. Unless the employer can show they provided some sort of safety training or written procedures that cover how to work at heights, and that the employee knowingly ignored them. That is just the world we live in today. 

Can the employee prove that the employer ordered him up on the ladder?

On 9/15/2019 at 7:52 AM, OldBones said:

Are the Cadets a safe organization? For me this is strike 3.

Between the Hopkins situation, the member on member rape allegation and now this, one has to question whether the Cadets are a safe organization to send your child to. For me, its all about optics, which right now is poor at best.

Just because the Cadets administration has changed again, there is no proof that they would be any better at managing the corps than the last 2. If Pioneer was suspended and not allowed to compete because of their treatment of members and staff, Cadets should also be suspended from competition until all allegations have been cleared in the courts.

If DCI is truly serious about the safety of all those involved in the activity, maybe punishing one of the big names will force all the other corps to take the new safety policies seriously. This includes the ridiculous props that do nothing to but possibly cause serious injuries. 

As for strike one, I'm pretty sure the current count is never supposed to include pitches to previous batters, let alone previous seasons, let alone players who haven't been on the team for two years.  

As for strikes 2 and 3, you called them more quickly, conveniently, and joyfully than Leslie Nielsen as the umpire in Naked Gun.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1