YEA / Cadets Injury Lawsuit

6 hours ago, Continental said:

IKEA really should sponsor a show.  Overheard in the stands during said show:

"I can't pronounce the name of this show."

"35 pages into the drill and I still don't see how this all comes together at the the end."

"I can't wait till they add the matching end-tables at the end of the season."

"That drill in the upper right hand corner has become too tight and it's caused a crack."

"Is it me or is there a part missing in the show?"

"I thought this show would be quick, but it seems like it's never ending."

"Why does everyone stand in the aisles during the show?"

Presenting their 2020 program, "Flat pack...where's the &^#%ing Allen wrench?"  Drum Corps International is proud to present....the Blue Stars!

hey...it's a logical sequel to the Carpenter's show...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Spatzzz said:

Which is why I said IF in my original post. However there is a pattern of behavior by the corps administration that cannot be ignored.

Oh please.  Don't make me laugh.  A "pattern"?  Yea, a pattern by people who gambled their fortunes and reputations to take control and lead a troubled org out of the tyranny of a single person, keep the ship afloat and pointed in "The Cadets" direction, and prevent it from not only going completely under, but also keeping the mountainous challenge from significantly affecting the member experience.

Tragic, I know.

Whatever your ulterior motive is, it's showing with silly claims like that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Spatzzz said:

Which is why I said IF in my original post. However there is a pattern of behavior by the corps administration that cannot be ignored.

Really??? One person paints a picture in order to make money via a lawsuit and it is a "pattern" on the part of the Cadets admin???

• Like 2

4 hours ago, garfield said:

Oh please.  Don't make me laugh.  A "pattern"?  Yea, a pattern by people who gambled their fortunes and reputations to take control and lead a troubled org out of the tyranny of a single person, keep the ship afloat and pointed in "The Cadets" direction, and prevent it from not only going completely under, but also keeping the mountainous challenge from significantly affecting the member experience.

Tragic, I know.

Whatever your ulterior motive is, it's showing with silly claims like that.

shhh he's on a roll.

21 hours ago, Lance said:

i have yet to see a megaprop or set of megaprops used effectively for my taste. 

i thought bloo's props in the year they won were silly, and the megaprop they used the next year was even sillier.  the ones they used for tilt were probably the most effective i've seen in a dci show yet.  the big sphere things they used the year after tilt were just there to say "hey look, more props this year!"

the only thing lamer than megaprops is megatarps, which scv tried to do all at the same time last year before getting rid of that big ugly one in the middle of the field.

bd's looked nice a couple years ago when they remade that painting, but by the end, it was like, okay they remade a painting.  so what?    

these designers trying to make stage productions on a football field by covering it up with everything but the kitchen sink look like dilettantes almost 100% of the time. 

kudos to the field staff for keeping lawsuit-type injuries as low as they've been with all of this stuff on the field.  i've actually do wonder how many niggling injuries members do get now compared to way back when before they just marched and played. 

Lance for President!  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, 84BDsop said:

Presenting their 2020 program, "Flat pack...where's the &^#%ing Allen wrench?"  Drum Corps International is proud to present....the Blue Stars!

hey...it's a logical sequel to the Carpenter's show...

That would be subtitled, the life and times of Tim Allen, the original Tool Man.

Image result for Tim Allen

Edited by xandandl

20 hours ago, Spatzzz said:

What is the pattern of behavior by the corps administration?  I legitimately want to know these proven negative behavior patterns.

40 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

What is the pattern of behavior by the corps administration?  I legitimately want to know these proven negative behavior patterns.

Hasn't the "administration" of this corps been in constant flux for the past 3 seasons?  Anyone drawing a conclusion of patterns from this is starting with a conclusion in search of a premise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Hasn't the "administration" of this corps been in constant flux for the past 3 seasons?  Anyone drawing a conclusion of patterns from this is starting with a conclusion in search of a premise.

Every time I see “administration” regarding Cadets I think “which one”.

This is one of the dumbest threads in DCP history.

The guy fell down and was injured. He feels inadequately compensated. He sues. The insurance companies do their thing. A settlement is reached. The public never hears about it again.

No, this won't cause YEA's premiums to rise in any meaningful way.

No, this doesn't show a "pattern" of safety issues.

No, you can't assume that the plaintiff's version of the facts is true.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3