YEA / Cadets Injury Lawsuit

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Would not have made light of day if handled better when they occurred? You want this stuff to be known so people are aware. Not “making light of day” is mishandling it

I see you just want to argue to argue and I assume you have never been in management in your life ever. 

Yes, if the director and administration had dealt with the situations better when they occurred there would be no need for a parent to lash out because they didn't feel like the admin took the issue seriously and there would have been no need for a person to file a law suit had they handled the situation better at the time is occurred. Its management 101. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Spatzzz said:

Come on people. There were two issues that happened in the last 2 years(2018 sexual assault amongst members and 2019 worker injured) that would have never made the light of day had the previous director and admin (not the people just put in place) would have handled them better at the time they occurred.

I get that people want Cadets to get past the issues but in order to do that they need to as they stated in the 2019 production and "Do, do, do, do better". I think they have the right people in place to do that now but that doesn't erase the mistakes of the past director and admin. Sorry.

Again, and I don't know how many times this has to be said, but you're basing your accusations on half of the information yet to be heard.  

Is this the "management" training you got?  Too bad.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

I see you just want to argue to argue and I assume you have never been in management in your life ever. 

Yes, if the director and administration had dealt with the situations better when they occurred there would be no need for a parent to lash out because they didn't feel like the admin took the issue seriously and there would have been no need for a person to file a law suit had they handled the situation better at the time is occurred. Its management 101. 

This is a discussion board, obviously, and one person's "argument" is another person's simple statement.

You don't help your argument by making personal accusations against those who disagree with you.

And, apparently according to the posts so far, you're out standing in your field mostly alone.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Spatzzz said:

Come on people. There were two issues that happened in the last 2 years(2018 sexual assault amongst members and 2019 worker injured) that would have never made the light of day had the previous director and admin (not the people just put in place) would have handled them better at the time they occurred.

I get that people want Cadets to get past the issues but in order to do that they need to as they stated in the 2019 production and "Do, do, do, do better". I think they have the right people in place to do that now but that doesn't erase the mistakes of the past director and admin. Sorry.

why do you think the Cadets should have made them public? You're ok with outing people for this stuff? 

34 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

You assume wrong.

What I responded to earlier was your statement that it would “have not met the light of day”. I take that as meaning the problem would have been buried which is not right. Now you talk about handling the problem seriously which is a different subject. 

PA state colleges used to hide assaults because the deans thought it would make the schools look bad. Result was students had no clue how to protect themselves by knowing what to avoid. That’s what I thought of with “not meeting the light of day”.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

7 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

why do you think the Cadets should have made them public? You're ok with outing people for this stuff? 

Where in the world did you pull this from Jeff? I never stated that they should have made them public or anything about outing people for anything. I have stated that there is no reason for them to become public if they had handled them better internally. How you arrived where you arrived on this is just odd.

8 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

You assume wrong.

What I responded to earlier was your statement that it would “have not met the light of day”. I take that as meaning the problem would have been buried which is not right. Now you talk about handling the problem seriously which is a different subject. 

PA state colleges used to hide assaults because the deans thought it would make the schools look bad. Result was students had no clue how to protect themselves by knowing what to avoid. That’s what I thought of with “not meeting the light of day”.

Had they handled it better it would not have made its way to the public in the manner it did. That is a fact you cannot ignore. I guess you can but you'd be wrong.

Maybe the words 'have not met the light of day' were not the best and should have been stated the it would not have been the public relations disaster it was due to ineffective management of the situation when it happened. That ineffective management falls at the feet of the corps director at the time does it not?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

Had they handled it better it would not have made its way to the public in the manner it did. That is a fact you cannot ignore. I guess you can but you'd be wrong.

Maybe the words 'have not met the light of day' were not the best and should have been stated the it would not have been the public relations disaster it was due to ineffective management of the situation when it happened. That ineffective management falls at the feet of the corps director at the time does it not?

Not arguing how it was handled as don’t have all the information. So that snotty “but you’d be wrong” is moot and reflects on you and not me.

My point is people should be able to find out if any assaults or other crimes occurred within a corps or other groups (peoples names redacted). Ye olde “Be Aware and Be Safe”.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

16 hours ago, Spatzzz said:

A pattern of not handling situations that require some type of administrative intelligence very well. That pattern. Also a pattern of 'supporters' making excuses for them. Don't expect everyone to agree but it's there.

So by definition a "pattern" is a regularity in the world.  Is there regularity in the Cadets managing of "situations"?  In the manner you are inferring?  IMO, not so much.  "Situations,"  no matter how egregious you think them to be,  are not rising to a level to be considered a pattern of mishandling.  Maybe I'm wrong, but you seem to be wanting to be the person who discovers what no one else is looking at, as a pattern,  with such insight and awareness.  I am seeing the proverbial mountain out of a mole hill thing with this particular incident.