YEA / Cadets Injury Lawsuit

3 hours ago, Spatzzz said:

Yea, you guys are all right. Cadets handled this as well as they could. I mean look at all the other public relations disasters that the other top 12 corps have had over the last 24 months or so.  Oh wait........

More conflating unrelated circumstances.

“Another isolated incident”?  No, not at Cadets and not at other corps.  

You keep repeating “How Cadets handled the PR...” but there is still no evidence to corroborate the plaintiff’s view of how they handled it.

In other words, you’ve convicted them with only half the story. And that’s the problem with your claim.  I wish you’d see that.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

When it comes down to it, we have no idea of what YEA actually did or did not do. They have not shared that information for whatever reason and that isn't alarming to me. As soon as your counsel gets involved (and I'm sure YEA's counsel is,) they direct you to what would be best to say or avoid saying. Yes, sometimes it can be poor optics from the outside looking in. But we have to be socially smart enough to realize that we don't know what we don't know and not jump to guessing what happened. Staying silent is NOT a sign of guilt or of poor management in all cases. Sometimes, the best thing to do is to just keep your big mouth shut and let the facts speak in their own time. I just don't find it that hard of a concept to grasp. 

Well said...the voice of reason. So refreshing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, dans said:

Well said...the voice of reason. So refreshing!

I’m still trying to figure out if the “real” problem was that other people heard about the incidents.... PR and optics vs dealing legally with the incidents themselves?

Edited by JimF-LowBari

2 hours ago, Spatzzz said:

I don't have to provide another example to know that the Cadets admin (at the time of the incidents) didn't handle these specific situations well. If they had then there would not be aggrieved parties filing law-suits and making noise on social media.

You act as if you know everything about the actions YEA did or did not take. In a court of law a judge would dismiss everything you're crying about. 

At this time we don't have all the facts. We have heard one side of the story.

What we know is a volunteer is looking to be compensated for an injury that required medical treatment along with travel expenses (I assume). I hope he is OK and recovering, and it's tragic that this happened to him. Accidents do happen on the road. You're acting like the entire YEA org is a complete failure. Frankly, most of them just started on the job and have had very little time to develop the programs, policies, and fund raising.

You have to stop pointing the finger at everyone in YEA. You don't have the slightest clue what actions they have taken since this accident. It's clear to me you lack experience with the Law and how these things are handled. Until you have total facts from both parties, stop trying to paint an incomplete picture. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Spatzzz said:

Yea, you guys are all right. Cadets handled this as well as they could. I mean look at all the other public relations disasters that the other top 12 corps have had over the last 24 months or so.  Oh wait........

if I need too, i'll type slower for you.

few if any

have said

they did

or didn't

handle things

right.

what most

reasonable posters

are saying

is we only 

know one

side of

the story

so it's

way too

premature to

assign guilt

or blame

or fault

at this

time.

Easier to comprehend now?

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I’m still trying to figure out if the “real” problem was that other people heard about the incidents.... PR and optics vs dealing legally with the incidents themselves?

the real problem is someone apparently is mad at YEA for something

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/20/2019 at 10:56 AM, JimF-LowBari said:

Funny how you say other corps have had issues but can’t or refuse to name any. You keep talking about a PR disaster and I’m asking for ANY information regarding ANY issues, even ones that did not become PR disasters. Edit: believe we were talking about top 12 corps and non top like Pioneer and OC clusters are well known for stupidity.

Like I said until you or anyone can provide concrete examples to compare we have no idea how other corps would (or could legally) handle this. 

Maybe it was meant as sarcasm and NO other corps have had the PR problem the Cadets have!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fsthnds said:

Maybe it was meant as sarcasm and NO other corps have had the PR problem the Cadets have!

When you fire a ten time champion almost 40 year tenured director and then the replacement team is all fired 18 months later some critics come out of the woodwork to pile on. The actual issue is the origin assaults/harassments with the public accusers/victims. That’s meaningful, we’ll documented and pending a day in court. I personally consider the rest of this noise. JMO 

you only have to read the Cadets 2020 thread to pick out the various “factions”

it will probably be five or more years until all this is really behind the Cadets. And frankly it’s so important it should remain a focus and the organization under close scrutiny for an extended period 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, fsthnds said:

Check the list of posts between Spatzz, myself and other posters. He/she/it had plenty of opportunity to explain if sarcasm or not. As no explanation given it doesn’t look like sarcasm. Spatzz believes Cadets are in this mess because they didn’t handle the problems correctly and people found out or found out in the “wrong” way.

of course the idea that Cadets main concern is legal and not PR seems to have been missed

Edited by JimF-LowBari