YEA / Cadets Injury Lawsuit

On 9/18/2019 at 9:03 PM, Spatzzz said:

A pattern of not handling situations that require some type of administrative intelligence very well. That pattern. Also a pattern of 'supporters' making excuses for them. Don't expect everyone to agree but it's there.

Seems to be inconsistencies considering how DCI deals with its participants who violate its policies. Wasn’t there a letter that was removed immediately that indicated DCI was twice aware of a situation and complicit in preventing its public exposure even after the death of the organizations founder?

I’m one who believes that if something happens to five people once it’s probably not an issue, but when five things happen to one person that’s concerning. 

17 minutes ago, garfield said:

I believe Cadets’ Board can handle these inevitable growing pains of its new management, and believe they deserve kudos for even fielding these two seasons.  I believe they will prevail in defending their name and honor by continuing to provide the MM’s an outstanding experience.

IMO if all of these allegations are true, Cadets need a time out to get their house in order and resolve some serious financial and legal matters. These reflect on the whole of the activity, and not in a good way either. Example being Pioneer. 

Edited by Poppycock
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/20/2019 at 12:14 PM, garfield said:
On 9/20/2019 at 8:54 AM, Spatzzz said:

Yea, you guys are all right. Cadets handled this as well as they could. I mean look at all the other public relations disasters that the other top 12 corps have had over the last 24 months or so.  Oh wait........

Your dislike of the Cadets is as obvious as a shiny new penny. I just wonder why you even bother to come here other than dump your tainted opinions on us all and keep stirring the pot not knowing what is inside of it. Take a rest and try another forum. I'm sure there is dirt in other forums that will satisfy your needs.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Poppycock said:

What are you trying to say? Give names of others with the same issues as Cadets? 

The same issues or just similar issues?

Pioneer was kicked out of DCI because of how Pioneer leadership responded to complaints.

The Oregon Crusaders shut down their corps because of how their leadership was responding to complaints.

And everybody keeps saying here that there's at least one more big sexual misconduct shoe due to drop on another corps, but any time the name gets posted, it's promptly deleted because there's no public record yet.

(Meanwhile, Tricia Nadolny, now employed at USA Today, had a front page story two weeks ago about harassment in a totally different industry. I wonder if anyone in drum corps breathed a sigh of relief when they saw that.)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

(Meanwhile, Tricia Nadolny, now employed at USA Today, had a front page story two weeks ago about harassment in a totally different industry. I wonder if anyone in drum corps breathed a sigh of relief when they saw that.)

No sighs of relief from me. I’m not happy to hear about sexual harassment in any industry.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

No sighs of relief from me. I’m not happy to hear about sexual harassment in any industry.

Exactly! Should also be upset about many other things besides sexual harassment that are happening. It shouldn’t matter what the name of the organization is. Violate the policies and procedures accept the consequences. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

IMO if all of these allegations are true, Cadets need a time out to get their house in order and resolve some serious financial and legal matters. These reflect on the whole of the activity, and not in a good way either. Example being Pioneer. 

All? Only aware of two allegations... the transportation person being injured has legal paperwork going thru the process. Other is the alleged sexual assault and what I’ve seen is so convoluted not sure what the current status is. At worse IMO Cadets have to really get their act together on how they respond to issues when they occur. Seems to be a big misconduct on who does what which is hurting them legally and in the public opinion 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, jonwoody said:

Your dislike of the Cadets is as obvious as a shiny new penny. I just wonder why you even bother to come here other than dump your tainted opinions on us all and keep stirring the pot not knowing what is inside of it. Take a rest and try another forum. I'm sure there is dirt in other forums that will satisfy your needs.

Is there a reason not to hold the Cadets to at least the same standard if not higher than the others? You would have to agree these issues don’t reflect well on the activity as a whole or do you see it differently? 

8 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

All? Only aware of two allegations... the transportation person being injured has legal paperwork going thru the process. Other is the alleged sexual assault and what I’ve seen is so convoluted not sure what the current status is. At worse IMO Cadets have to really get their act together on how they respond to issues when they occur. Seems to be a big misconduct on who does what which is hurting them legally and in the public opinion 

All is more than one, unless there’s a cut off number of issues before exception? How about if any of these allegations are true? 

Edited by Poppycock

28 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

And everybody keeps saying here that there's at least one more big sexual misconduct shoe due to drop on another corps, but any time the name gets posted, it's promptly deleted because there's no public record yet.

I’ve been thinking about this as it relates to the moving of the goal posts by DCP posters. As you observe, the standard is that you can’t post info because there’s no public record. Ok. But then something does become public record (recent example - contract employee who fell off ladder while painting and sustained an injury and files a complaint), now some say we need to let it work its way through the court system before discussion, because that would be a rush to judgement. Stated more succinctly - don’t say bad stuff about my team. 🤔

• Haha 2