YEA / Cadets Injury Lawsuit

15 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

All is more than one, unless there’s a cut off number of issues before exception? How about if any of these allegations are true? 

Well I’m used to people saying both where the number is two but maybe that’s east coast. 😎

If true Cadets need to get act together on following through when crap hits the fan. At this point looks like ye olde “who was supposed to do this... oops”. And have this feeling that other corps will have same problems if/when it hits them. Just hope corps haven’t gotten the idea that after procedures and policies are written they can relax.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

I’ve been thinking about this as it relates to the moving of the goal posts by DCP posters. As you observe, the standard is that you can’t post info because there’s no public record. Ok. But then something does become public record (recent example - contract employee who fell off ladder while painting and sustained an injury and files a complaint), now some say we need to let it work its way through the court system before discussion, because that would be a rush to judgement. Stated more succinctly - don’t say bad stuff about my team. 🤔

Eh discuss is one thing which I have seen from some posters. But declare guilt or innocence without all the facts or have it go thru the courts... wtf?

Edited by JimF-LowBari

55 minutes ago, jonwoody said:

Your dislike of the Cadets is as obvious as a shiny new penny. I just wonder why you even bother to come here other than dump your tainted opinions on us all and keep stirring the pot not knowing what is inside of it. Take a rest and try another forum. I'm sure there is dirt in other forums that will satisfy your needs.

Isn’t the “don’t stir the pot” “don’t bring up dirt” mentality what keeps abuse, assault, other malfeasance etc from being reported?

• Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Is there a reason not to hold the Cadets to at least the same standard if not higher than the others? You would have to agree these issues don’t reflect well on the activity as a whole or do you see it differently? 

I agree with you but the constant bad mouthing and lack of knowledge of the facts makes it seem more like a dislike than anything else.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FTNK said:

Isn’t the “don’t stir the pot” “don’t bring up dirt” mentality what keeps abuse, assault, other malfeasance etc from being reported?

His constant stirring and lack of knowledge of the facts makes it seem more of a dislike. He comes across as more hateful than trying to get the facts out which he lacks knowledge of so why say anything but the truth. 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, FTNK said:

Ahhh but let’s not fall into the “boy that cried wolf” problem by not making sure accusations and “facts” really are true. 

And the irony in the “don’t bring up dirt” comment is Spatzz is saying the problem is that Cadets didn’t “contain” the problems and it became a PR “nightmare”. IOW things would have been better if no one knew about it.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, FTNK said:

The newest one when a YEA email saying staff pay will be delayed is copied and posted:  “how do we know the email is real?”  As if people actually take the time to fabricate an email just because they want to make your corps look bad.   These reactionary responses are interesting. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

The newest one when a YEA email saying staff pay will be delayed is copied and posted:  “how do we know the email is real?”  As if people actually take the time to fabricate an email just because they want to make your corps look bad.   These reactionary responses are interesting. 

Yeah like no tried character assassination via the Internet before.... now time to send money to that Nigerian prince and call that phone number to give my SSN so I don’t get arrested.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Speculation about outcomes or process is understandable and, to me, enjoyable.  Scenario-painting is part of my makeup both personally and professionally.  But declaring guilt based only on the plaintiff's claim is irresponsible.

What good comes from mud-slinging or casting blame?  What higher condition is being fulfilled with spurious conclusions?  Falsities repeated frequently enough become truth, and what benefit to Cadets, the activity, or society as a whole is provided by allowing false impressions to take root?

I even don't mind speculating about what must have gone through the Cadets' collective heads to have left the guy uncontacted, but to conclude circumstantially that their actions represent careless neglect without knowing both sides of the circumstances is beyond good taste and reason.

• Like 1