YEA / Cadets Injury Lawsuit

10 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

For me it also takes a lot of creativity to reshape a football field. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion and their own personal likes and dislikes....jmo

Evidently, it requires creativity on the part of the viewer, too.  The football fields look exactly the same shape to me.  No amount of furniture changes that.

9 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Evidently, it requires creativity on the part of the viewer, too.  The football fields look exactly the same shape to me.  No amount of furniture changes that.

I agree, and one of the primary reasons I disliked 'Coats show in 2019.  

Back OT, the thread is directed at Cadets and the question at hand is whether or not Cadets are a "safe" organization.  A couple of posters have challenged that they are.

Prop safety is as much a risk to Cadets as is to any other corps except those - BK comes to mind - who use only minimal props and not ones that MM's perform "from" (as in standing or running on).  So, props are not germane to whether or not Cadets can be singled out as not "safe".

Are Cadets an unsafe organization because they dropped off a long-time volunteer at the hospital.

I'm wondering:  A fan/volunteer with many self-described years of participation with the activity by choice has an unfortunate accident...  Imagine a scenario where a Cadets staff member makes overtures, lets say, to help the volunteer get to care and even offers to stay with said adult during the medical procedures.  Again, imagine, a potential answer from said adult was:  "Oh no!  I'll be fine!  I'm in good hands now - go get the kids...".  Is it outlandish to believe that this was an initial exchange?  Isn't it also possible that the volunteer's heart was expanded to be magnanimous with said staff member BECAUSE the volunteer understood the importance of the Cadets circumstances?

I don't want to suppose any further because this is what the hearings in the lawsuit are about - getting to the facts of circumstances.  

Until those details are released, if they are, we can't know what was in the hearts, intentions, or motivations of the people involved on the ground in the moment.  And in all the moments after.

Grace is called for until facts are known.  Presume Positive Intent until proven otherwise. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Before even reading I am responding. I DID NOT write that  about you it came from  Xandandl

He was the one who responded to me and made those claims of you NOT ME. I have no idea who you are to make those claims

Give credit to xandandl  Im sure they will appreciate how hilarious they are😀

Guardling, my apologies.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, garfield said:

I agree, and one of the primary reasons I disliked 'Coats show in 2019.  

Back OT, the thread is directed at Cadets and the question at hand is whether or not Cadets are a "safe" organization.  A couple of posters have challenged that they are.

Prop safety is as much a risk to Cadets as is to any other corps except those - BK comes to mind - who use only minimal props and not ones that MM's perform "from" (as in standing or running on).  So, props are not germane to whether or not Cadets can be singled out as not "safe".

Are Cadets an unsafe organization because they dropped off a long-time volunteer at the hospital.

I'm wondering:  A fan/volunteer with many self-described years of participation with the activity by choice has an unfortunate accident...  Imagine a scenario where a Cadets staff member makes overtures, lets say, to help the volunteer get to care and even offers to stay with said adult during the medical procedures.  Again, imagine, a potential answer from said adult was:  "Oh no!  I'll be fine!  I'm in good hands now - go get the kids...".  Is it outlandish to believe that this was an initial exchange?  Isn't it also possible that the volunteer's heart was expanded to be magnanimous with said staff member BECAUSE the volunteer understood the importance of the Cadets circumstances?

I don't want to suppose any further because this is what the hearings in the lawsuit are about - getting to the facts of circumstances.  

Until those details are released, if they are, we can't know what was in the hearts, intentions, or motivations of the people involved on the ground in the moment.  And in all the moments after.

Grace is called for until facts are known.  Presume Positive Intent until proven otherwise. 

Just to clarify, I’m reading the legal paperwork as saying the injured person was not a volunteer but in a paid position. Other than that agree...

• Thanks 1

i have yet to see a megaprop or set of megaprops used effectively for my taste. 

i thought bloo's props in the year they won were silly, and the megaprop they used the next year was even sillier.  the ones they used for tilt were probably the most effective i've seen in a dci show yet.  the big sphere things they used the year after tilt were just there to say "hey look, more props this year!"

the only thing lamer than megaprops is megatarps, which scv tried to do all at the same time last year before getting rid of that big ugly one in the middle of the field.

bd's looked nice a couple years ago when they remade that painting, but by the end, it was like, okay they remade a painting.  so what?    

these designers trying to make stage productions on a football field by covering it up with everything but the kitchen sink look like dilettantes almost 100% of the time. 

kudos to the field staff for keeping lawsuit-type injuries as low as they've been with all of this stuff on the field.  i've actually do wonder how many niggling injuries members do get now compared to way back when before they just marched and played. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

No amount of furniture changes that.

IKEA really should sponsor a show.  Overheard in the stands during said show:

"I can't pronounce the name of this show."

"35 pages into the drill and I still don't see how this all comes together at the the end."

"I can't wait till they add the matching end-tables at the end of the season."

"That drill in the upper right hand corner has become too tight and it's caused a crack."

"Is it me or is there a part missing in the show?"

"I thought this show would be quick, but it seems like it's never ending."

"Why does everyone stand in the aisles during the show?"

Edited by Continental
  • Haha 1

On 9/16/2019 at 11:52 AM, garfield said:

We don't even have corroboration that the plaintiff's version is accurate, so to conflate how Cadets allegedly handled the injury of a volunteer adult with how they'd potentially take care of a MM, let alone a minor one, is hyperbolic and misplaced.

Many want to be outraged at everything, especially when piling on is easy due to year-old circumstances hovering.

Which is why I said IF in my original post. However there is a pattern of behavior by the corps administration that cannot be ignored.

Edited by Spatzzz
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Lance said:

i have yet to see a megaprop or set of megaprops used effectively for my taste. 

i thought bloo's props in the year they won were silly, and the megaprop they used the next year was even sillier.  the ones they used for tilt were probably the most effective i've seen in a dci show yet.  the big sphere things they used the year after tilt were just there to say "hey look, more props this year!"

the only thing lamer than megaprops is megatarps, which scv tried to do all at the same time last year before getting rid of that big ugly one in the middle of the field.

bd's looked nice a couple years ago when they remade that painting, but by the end, it was like, okay they remade a painting.  so what?    

these designers trying to make stage productions on a football field by covering it up with everything but the kitchen sink look like dilettantes almost 100% of the time. 

kudos to the field staff for keeping lawsuit-type injuries as low as they've been with all of this stuff on the field.  i've actually do wonder how many niggling injuries members do get now compared to way back when before they just marched and played. 

Coincidence perhaps, but when the center tarp was mocked on DCP and Reddit, SCV (Toth/Gaines) removed it immediately. The judges may have read the same threads.