YEA / Cadets Injury Lawsuit

2 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

Yea, you guys are all right. Cadets handled this as well as they could. I mean look at all the other public relations disasters that the other top 12 corps have had over the last 24 months or so.  Oh wait........

What problems did other corps have on this level that you can compare how they were handled?

13 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

Thanks for proving my point....✌️

Are you saying other corps DID have problems like this and the problems were so buried so deep that no one heard about them? If anything got reported to the police odds are it is public knowledge thru media and Internet. Or should I said IF it gets reported.

If true then those are the last ####### Corps I would want to be a part of. For safety of all people connected with the corps this needs to be open information (names redacted). Both what happened and how the corps handled it. 

By this reasoning the real problem with GH wasn’t that he allegedly did wrong. The real problem is people found out. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Are you saying other corps DID have problems like this and the problems were so buried so deep that no one heard about them?

If true then those are the last ####### Corps I would want to be a part of. For safety of all people connected with the corps this needs to be open information (names redacted). Both what happened and how the corps handled it. 

By this reasoning the real problem with GH wasn’t that he allegedly did wrong. The real problem is people found out. 

No one is saying anything about burying things. Yes, problems like these two could have happened anywhere and with any corps and MAYBE similar things (injuries to staff and members) did happen. If they did the corps didn't bury them but maybe handled them in a way that was positive for all parties involved so there was no need for the parties involved to go to social media to tell the story of how poorly the situation was handled by the corps admin. That is all that I'm saying. Not bury the situation but do a good job of containing it before it spins out of their control and making sure all parties are taken care of. In both of these situations you have parties that feel the admin didn't act in their best interests and failed to respond when contacted about the issue. Correct?

The problem with GH was that people were in denial that the Cadets/GH were doing anything wrong.  Had the board handled the GH issue correctly he would have been investigated and tossed when the first rumblings surfaced decades ago. But he wasn't because they were winning so people looked the other way......

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

No one is saying anything about burying things. Yes, problems like these two could have happened anywhere and with any corps and MAYBE similar things (injuries to staff and members) did happen. If they did the corps didn't bury them but maybe handled them in a way that was positive for all parties involved so there was no need for the parties involved to go to social media to tell the story of how poorly the situation was handled by the corps admin. That is all that I'm saying. Not bury the situation but do a good job of containing it before it spins out of their control and making sure all parties are taken care of. In both of these situations you have parties that feel the admin didn't act in their best interests and failed to respond when contacted about the issue. Correct?

I’m asking for examples of where other corps had this problem and how they handled it. Your responses are “could have happened” and ✌️.

Until you provide concrete examples for comparison it’s pointless to point the finger at Cadets and say how bad they handled things. So far it appears they are the ONLY top 12 corps that have had problems at this level. So far it’s all opinion on your side.

And seriously “do a good job of CONTAINING it”? Goes hand in hand with burying on the cover up/CYA scale imo.

edit: and until examples are given any further discussion is also pointless. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Name another corps in the last 24 months that has had as many PR disasters as Cadets Jim. All corps has issues that arise but for whatever reason Cadets always make their way to social media with complaints of improper handling by admin. That is the issue. 

Again, containing an issue from turning into a PR disaster by making sure that the parties involved are handled professionally and with proper care does not equal a cover up. That means that admin did their job and the parties felt that there were treated well, with respect and the situation was handled to their satisfaction and all done transparently. That isn't covering anything up Jim. I don't have to provide another example to know that the Cadets admin (at the time of the incidents) didn't handle these specific situations well. If they had then there would not be aggrieved parties filing law-suits and making noise on social media.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

Name another corps in the last 24 months that has had as many PR disasters as Cadets Jim. All corps has issues that arise but for whatever reason Cadets always make their way to social media with complaints of improper handling by admin. That is the issue. 

Again, containing an issue from turning into a PR disaster by making sure that the parties involved are handled professionally and with proper care does not equal a cover up. That means that admin did their job and the parties felt that there were treated well, with respect and the situation was handled to their satisfaction and all done transparently. That isn't covering anything up Jim. I don't have to provide another example to know that the Cadets admin (at the time of the incidents) didn't handle these specific situations well. If they had then there would not be aggrieved parties filing law-suits and making noise on social media.

Funny how you say other corps have had issues but can’t or refuse to name any. You keep talking about a PR disaster and I’m asking for ANY information regarding ANY issues, even ones that did not become PR disasters. Edit: believe we were talking about top 12 corps and non top like Pioneer and OC clusters are well known for stupidity.

Like I said until you or anyone can provide concrete examples to compare we have no idea how other corps would (or could legally) handle this. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

34 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

You're doing a poor job of bifurcating poor media relations with poor behavior.

In both cases -- I assume you are referring to the 2018 member assault issue and the 2019 bus driver incident -- YEA by all accounts that I am privy to did everything correctly substantively.

The fact that the world found out about it is not indicative of a lack of proper management.

Also, if someone decides to sue you, you have no way to control the narrative because lawsuits are public record.

I don't get why you want to beat YEA over the head with this? They did everything right and you're like, "Yeah, but I found out about it, so they didn't do everything right," which is weird.

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, exitmusic said:

You're doing a poor job of bifurcating poor media relations with poor behavior.

In both cases -- I assume you are referring to the 2018 member assault issue and the 2019 bus driver incident -- YEA by all accounts that I am privy to did everything correctly substantively.

The fact that the world found out about it is not indicative of a lack of proper management.

Also, if someone decides to sue you, you have no way to control the narrative because lawsuits are public record.

I don't get why you want to beat YEA over the head with this? They did everything right and you're like, "Yeah, but I found out about it, so they didn't do everything right," which is weird.

This statement is consistent with conversations I had with friends of mine (who were very closely connected to the situation) on the Cadets admin staff.

When it comes down to it, we have no idea of what YEA actually did or did not do. They have not shared that information for whatever reason and that isn't alarming to me. As soon as your counsel gets involved (and I'm sure YEA's counsel is,) they direct you to what would be best to say or avoid saying. Yes, sometimes it can be poor optics from the outside looking in. But we have to be socially smart enough to realize that we don't know what we don't know and not jump to guessing what happened. Staying silent is NOT a sign of guilt or of poor management in all cases. Sometimes, the best thing to do is to just keep your big mouth shut and let the facts speak in their own time. I just don't find it that hard of a concept to grasp. 

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2