YEA / Cadets Injury Lawsuit

2 minutes ago, garfield said:

Speculation about outcomes or process is understandable and, to me, enjoyable.  Scenario-painting is part of my makeup both personally and professionally.  But declaring guilt based only on the plaintiff's claim is irresponsible.

What good comes from mud-slinging or casting blame?  What higher condition is being fulfilled with spurious conclusions?  Falsities repeated frequently enough become truth, and what benefit to Cadets, the activity, or society as a whole is provided by allowing false impressions to take root?

I even don't mind speculating about what must have gone through the Cadets' collective heads to have left the guy uncontacted, but to conclude circumstantially that their actions represent careless neglect without knowing both sides of the circumstances is beyond good taste and reason.

Now I’m worried as thinking alike.

But I’ll blame it on also having a job where I have to come up with possible scenarios... at least for another 23 weeks then I might be out of the IT brain cell destroyer 

20 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

The newest one when a YEA email saying staff pay will be delayed is copied and posted:  “how do we know the email is real?”  As if people actually take the time to fabricate an email just because they want to make your corps look bad.   These reactionary responses are interesting. 

Oh come on.  I know you're MUCH more cynical than this post implies.  You know darn-well that there is a percent of the population, and I would contend a concentrated percentage in performance art social media, who would indeed take the time to fabricate an email, but not to make any corps look bad.  Their prime motivation is making themselves look important and knowledgable.  They really don't care about the corps or what's best for the longevity of the activity, they're primarily interested in themselves.

I will be at the front of the line if and when the accusations prove true in a court of law but, until then, I fail to see how creating conclusions involving neglect toward another's health advances and promotes the activity.  Being loyal isn't lying but demanding proof and demonstration of facts beyond speculation is, in fact, being loyal.

Edited by garfield
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

I’ve been thinking about this as it relates to the moving of the goal posts by DCP posters. As you observe, the standard is that you can’t post info because there’s no public record. Ok. But then something does become public record (recent example - contract employee who fell off ladder while painting and sustained an injury and files a complaint), now some say we need to let it work its way through the court system before discussion, because that would be a rush to judgement. Stated more succinctly - don’t say bad stuff about my team. 🤔

12 minutes ago, garfield said:

Oh come on.  I know you're MUCH more cynical than this post implies.  You know darn-well that there is a percent of the population, and I would contend a concentrated percentage in performance art social media, who would indeed take the time to fabricate an email, but not to make any corps look bad.  Their prime motivation is making themselves look important and knowledgable.  They really don't care about the corps or what's best for the longevity of the activity, they're primarily interested in themselves.

I will be at the front of the line if and when the accusations prove true in a court of law but, until then, I fail to see how creating conclusions involving neglect toward another's health advances and promotes the activity.  Being loyal isn't lying but demanding proof and demonstration of facts beyond speculation is, in fact, being loyal.

Maybe this makes my position a little clearer.  Others' mileage may vary.

Edited by garfield
other's v. others'

51 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Yeah like no tried character assassination via the Internet before.... now time to send money to that Nigerian prince and call that phone number to give my SSN so I don’t get arrested.

So you think that email is fake?  Why?  What’s to be gained by doing so?  I don’t get it. But I guess I don’t need to get it. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

So you think that email is fake?  Why?  What’s to be gained by doing so?  I don’t get it. But I guess I don’t need to get it. 

I have no idea either way so not worrying about it. What’s to be gained? Possibly someone has a mad on with Cadets or just gets their jollys by trolling and watching people get cranked up. Month or so ago we had a poster admitting to long time trolling here for whatever reason. Can’t ask why as they got their butt banned. 

What makes you think I’m saying it’s a fake?

Edited by JimF-LowBari

3 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

No sighs of relief from me. I’m not happy to hear about sexual harassment in any industry.

Well, no. Me neither. But presumably neither you nor I are people who Nadolny might have been investigating.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Barring there is no more allegations of sexual assault, harassment, abuse, injury, health and welfare lawsuits, or slow and no pay complaints the next several years. 

well the Indianapolis child and youth services deemed the Cadets to be in the right, but that hasn't stopped people

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Seems to be inconsistencies considering how DCI deals with its participants who violate its policies. Wasn’t there a letter that was removed immediately that indicated DCI was twice aware of a situation and complicit in preventing its public exposure even after the death of the organizations founder?

I’m one who believes that if something happens to five people once it’s probably not an issue, but when five things happen to one person that’s concerning. 

the problem is no one came forward by name in said letter. Without that, it's all hearsay. Nadolny has been trying to get people to go public on that issues since last Summer.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

I’ve been thinking about this as it relates to the moving of the goal posts by DCP posters. As you observe, the standard is that you can’t post info because there’s no public record. Ok. But then something does become public record (recent example - contract employee who fell off ladder while painting and sustained an injury and files a complaint), now some say we need to let it work its way through the court system before discussion, because that would be a rush to judgement. Stated more succinctly - don’t say bad stuff about my team. 🤔

not my team. and i say let it work its way through the legal system.

3 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

The newest one when a YEA email saying staff pay will be delayed is copied and posted:  “how do we know the email is real?”  As if people actually take the time to fabricate an email just because they want to make your corps look bad.   These reactionary responses are interesting. 

oh that one is real. Haven't yet defended that

• Thanks 1