YEA / Cadets Injury Lawsuit

10 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I have no idea either way so not worrying about it. What’s to be gained? Possibly someone has a mad on with Cadets or just gets their jollys by trolling and watching people get cranked up. Month or so ago we had a poster admitting to long time trolling here for whatever reason. Can’t ask why as they got their butt banned. 

What makes you think I’m saying it’s a fake?

Well was confirmed on another thread that email was real. So repeating my not worrying about it either way post before anyone claims I said it was fake. 

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

not my team. and i say let it work its way through the legal system.

Agree. At the same time I see nothing wrong with - “if true, then ...” discussion. 

15 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

So you think that email is fake?  Why?  What’s to be gained by doing so?  I don’t get it. But I guess I don’t need to get it. 

A certain bitterness can be expected from some involved with Cadets. I believe we saw it with the so called letter of dismissal that leaked, and the current email that was leaked.

This year's show did not live up to expectations. Blue Knights and Blue Stars had great shows, but not leaps and bounds better than 2018, so Cadets placing 9th and being so close to Mandarins demonstrated a serious competitive setback. Overall the staff was blamed, some remained, some were fired. That's bound to lead to tensions and resentment if you believe you should have stayed and someone else should have gone. Then you discover you will not be paid for work you have done, that leads to anger.

I am not saying leaking emails is a solution, and leaking false emails is inexcusable, but bitterness can cause all sorts of reactions.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Agree. At the same time I see nothing wrong with - “if true, then ...” discussion. 

So long as we can also point fingers at those slinging mud and have an "if false, then" discussion, too.

And those prognosticating the future have to be able to withstand hypothetical criticism of their speculation, too, right?

29 minutes ago, garfield said:

So long as we can also point fingers at those slinging mud and have an "if false, then" discussion, too.

And those prognosticating the future have to be able to withstand hypothetical criticism of their speculation, too, right?

I don’t care. I just get frustrated by the - can’t discuss it yet - posts. Are we to wait multiple years until we can discuss a legal issue?  I think we’re all adults and should be both able to discuss without over-the-top accusations and without over-the-top rebuttals. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

agreed. however that usually goes far astray, even for DCP

39 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

I don’t care. I just get frustrated by the - can’t discuss it yet - posts. Are we to wait multiple years until we can discuss a legal issue?  The think we’re all adults and should be both able to discuss without over-the-top accusations and without over-the-top rebuttals. 

again, in regards to that letter with no name about another team....all hearsay. need proof. at least with this, there is a lawsuit. the problem with agree if is especially with Cadets, too often people jump to the absolute worst possible conclusions, and have since before April 2018

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Thanks 1

On 9/23/2019 at 12:39 PM, Tim K said:

A certain bitterness can be expected from some involved with Cadets. I believe we saw it with the so called letter of dismissal that leaked, and the current email that was leaked.

This year's show did not live up to expectations. Blue Knights and Blue Stars had great shows, but not leaps and bounds better than 2018, so Cadets placing 9th and being so close to Mandarins demonstrated a serious competitive setback. Overall the staff was blamed, some remained, some were fired. That's bound to lead to tensions and resentment if you believe you should have stayed and someone else should have gone. Then you discover you will not be paid for work you have done, that leads to anger.

I am not saying leaking emails is a solution, and leaking false emails is inexcusable, but bitterness can cause all sorts of reactions.

and you were kind not to mention the C2 mms who still smart for the dissolution of their efforts and the way this was handled.

On 9/22/2019 at 6:57 PM, JimF-LowBari said:

Ahhh but let’s not fall into the “boy that cried wolf” problem by not making sure accusations and “facts” really are true. 

And the irony in the “don’t bring up dirt” comment is Spatzz is saying the problem is that Cadets didn’t “contain” the problems and it became a PR “nightmare”. IOW things would have been better if no one knew about it.

That is absolutely NOT what I said. Try again. 

Had the Cadets admin handled everything correctly and to the satisfaction of those involved then it never would have become a PR nightmare. That is not covering up anything in fact they could have been open about how they handled. They were not, they did not handle the situations to the satisfaction of those involved and so much so that they felt their only recourse to get satisfaction was to post their dissatisfaction in one case and to file a lawsuit in another case.

If you are going to enter a discussion at least do so in good faith and don't attempt to mischaracterize what a poster has said just to cover for the organization you are attempting to cover for.