In The News – Vose Inducted Into World Drum Corps Hall Of Fame

15 minutes ago, Northern Thunder said:

John Ratzenberger (Cliff Clavin from Cheers) IS in the World Drum Corps Hall of Fame:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-bf6lvxUQ8

And the corps he marched with were CT Royal Lancers and St. Ann's Loyalairs.

Thanks Brian for the info and correct name spelling. Maybe someone who knows the details could nominate Chuck. After all he did share TV screen time with Superman lol

5 hours ago, Northern Thunder said:

John Ratzenberger (Cliff Clavin from Cheers) IS in the World Drum Corps Hall of Fame:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-bf6lvxUQ8

And the corps he marched with were CT Royal Lancers and St. Ann's Loyalairs.

ok, both Bridgeport corps...distance from Stratford about three miles. 

• Like 1

On 9/15/2019 at 10:31 PM, rjohn76 said:

Perhaps George Bonfiglio hasn't been nominated for one reason or another?  It looks like anyone can submit a candidate:

1. NOMINATION

Any interested person may submit a candidate for World Drum Corps Hall of Fame membership consideration by completing a Nomination Form* on the World Drum Corps Hall of Fame website and obtaining the candidates confirmation.

* Forms are available online and must be submitted online by January 15th to be considered for that calendar year. Once submitted, applications remain active and do not need to be re-submitted annually.

I just may nominate Tricia Nadolny. 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

or Ed McMahon (Bari)

Baris getting the shaft again.... 

• Haha 1

On 9/15/2019 at 9:43 PM, HockeyDad said:

Oh boy. The world drum corps hall of fame. The organization whose membership includes George Hopkins and now George Takei but not George Bonfiglio. What an embarrassment. 

did you nominate him yet? they have a class of candidates every year. See....until someone nominates him, he doesn't get in. I know that ruins your rant, but facts tend to do that

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Thanks Brian for the info and correct name spelling. Maybe someone who knows the details could nominate Chuck. After all he did share TV screen time with Superman lol

and Darth Vader for Ratzenberger.

Ya know Normie......

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I just may nominate Tricia Nadolny. 

i'd pay to see that induction speech

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

did you nominate him yet? they have a class of candidates every year. See....until someone nominates him, he doesn't get in. I know that ruins your rant, but facts tend to do that

Nice bait and switch attempt. I’m not taking the bait. The world drum corps hall of fame has decided it makes perfect sense to exclude from its membership George Bonfiglio, a giant of the activity; to not remove the disgraced George Hopkins, something the DCI HOF had the good sense to do; and induct George Takei, a gentleman who I’m sure is a fine person, but who has done nothing for the activity. I stand by my statement: what an embarrassment. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Nice bait and switch attempt. I’m not taking the bait. The world drum corps hall of fame has decided it makes perfect sense to exclude from its membership George Bonfiglio, a giant of the activity; to not remove the disgraced George Hopkins, something the DCI HOF had the good sense to do; and induct George Takei, a gentleman who I’m sure is a fine person, but who has done nothing for the activity. I stand by my statement: what an embarrassment. 

Your facts that GB was “excluded” are? Oh that’s right you’re not going to believe what they tell you so why ask?

• Thanks 1