In The News – Vose Inducted Into World Drum Corps Hall Of Fame

7 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Nice bait and switch attempt. I’m not taking the bait. The world drum corps hall of fame has decided it makes perfect sense to exclude from its membership George Bonfiglio, a giant of the activity; to not remove the disgraced George Hopkins, something the DCI HOF had the good sense to do; and induct George Takei, a gentleman who I’m sure is a fine person, but who has done nothing for the activity. I stand by my statement: what an embarrassment. 

no bait and switch. i think you know where my feelings on anything Hopkins lies. I've also spelled out for you...slowly at times too...that I have issues with this particular hall of fame. But the simple, undeniable fact is this: if no one nominated Bonfiglio, there's no way in hell he was getting in.

So I suggest you go to the website and submit a nomination for him, and while there, make your feelings known about Hopkins ( and Roman who you always seem to leave out) are in. Until then, you can rant and whine and moan on here all you want, it won't do you a #### bit of good.

There, no bait or switch, just blunt force trauma reality

• Like 2

20 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

or Ed McMahon (Bari)

While I was in "The Commandant's Own", Ed hosted my fellow Marines and I at an event we did in Beverly Hills back in the 80s.  As a prior service Marine, Ed McMahon  was very gracious to all Marines he met.

14 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Your facts that GB was “excluded” are? 

Umm.  Because his name is not on the list of members. If he’s been inducted he’s included in the membership. If he hasn’t been inducted, which is the case, he’s excluded from membership. That’s all I meant. He is not in the world drum corps hall of fame. 

George Hopkins, who has been removed from the DCI hall of fame, remains a member of the world drum corps hall of fame. They must be very proud of him. 

Edited by HockeyDad

8 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Umm.  Because his name is not on the list of members. If he’s been inducted he’s included in the membership. If he hasn’t been inducted, which is the case, he’s excluded from membership. That’s all I meant. He is not in the world drum corps hall of fame. 

George Hopkins, who has been removed from the DCI hall of fame, remains a member of the world drum corps hall of fame. They must be very proud of him. 

I read “excluded” as being kept from membership by hall of fame action. We don’t know if GB decided he did not want to be in the hall which is not exclusion but choice. Annnnd if no one nominated GB how can that be exclusion...

By your standard I’ve been “excluded” since I’ve never been nominated and only 3 members know who the hades I am. Lol maybe I should nominate myself so I can be excluded when I get voted down (after those 3 members get done laughing)

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I read “excluded” as being kept from membership by hall of fame action. We don’t know if GB decided he did not want to be in the hall which is not exclusion but choice. Annnnd if no one nominated GB how can that be exclusion...

I refuse to believe that he was “forgotten”. I’m just stating the facts. George Bonfiglio has not been inducted. George Hopkins has not been removed. Meanwhile, other socially popular people, having given nothing to the activity, are inducted. Embarrassing. 

18 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

I refuse to believe that he was “forgotten”. I’m just stating the facts. George Bonfiglio has not been inducted. George Hopkins has not been removed. Meanwhile, other socially popular people, having given nothing to the activity, are inducted. Embarrassing. 

Well you could ask but you refuse to believe anything the HOF says before you even ask. Go howl into the wind as it will have the same effect as you venting here... bye..::

• Thanks 2

Where exactly is the “Drum Corps Hall of Fame”?  Is it a real location where I can see trophies, old bugles & drums, video stories of the history/progression, that sort of thing, or is it just a webpage.....?

51 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Where exactly is the “Drum Corps Hall of Fame”?  Is it a real location where I can see trophies, old bugles & drums, video stories of the history/progression, that sort of thing, or is it just a webpage.....?

An organization. Not a physical location.

https://www.wdchof.org/