2020 Staff Changes

mint

2 hours ago, MotoSurfBass said:

That's about as big of a 180 from the previous percussion design team as you can possibly get. It's gonna be fun seeing their writing in an east coast group like Boston!

Slow down there.

Kevin and Mike are joining on as consultants.  My guess is they might spend some time during the winter camps and a few days here and there on the road, but their primary role will be to work with the actual design tip as a second opinion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dans said:

Absolutely...thank you for stating a really good point. I was going to say the same thing.

that may lead to a balance last year lacked

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

that may lead to a balance last year lacked

Agree, however, who is going to do the arranging? Is Colin or Jackson going to be the main percussion guy? Colin and Jackson seem to follow very different styles of arranging and playing the instrument. Seems as though there could be a conflict of interest with this arrangement. With that said, I should probably wait for more details before forming an opinion. Just seems like an odd situation.

33 minutes ago, dans said:

Agree, however, who is going to do the arranging? Is Colin or Jackson going to be the main percussion guy? Colin and Jackson seem to follow very different styles of arranging and playing the instrument. Seems as though there could be a conflict of interest with this arrangement. With that said, I should probably wait for more details before forming an opinion. Just seems like an odd situation.

Colin is the main percussion guy (Director of Percussion) . You can find all current corps instructional staff listed on their website.  It lists Kevin Shah and Mike Jackson as consultants.  That seems somewhat clear however there are always more details about consultant roles we don't now about until things are fully underway.  As Jeff Ream said, this may provide a good balance to the percussion book with whatever the program will be this year.

• Like 1

Oh thank god hopefully this means less mindless ramming from BAC

Now if only we could get Mike Jackson to consult for every top 12 corps and introduce some more musicality into other batteries

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Oh thank god hopefully this means less mindless ramming from BAC

Now if only we could get Mike Jackson to consult for every top 12 corps and introduce some more musicality into other batteries

What you don't like the Energizer bunny? Flam, flam, flam and more flam.

Edited by xandandl

Dr. Ward Miller no longer listed as a member of the Scouts staff.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Colin is the main percussion guy (Director of Percussion) . You can find all current corps instructional staff listed on their website.  It lists Kevin Shah and Mike Jackson as consultants.  That seems somewhat clear however there are always more details about consultant roles we don't now about until things are fully underway.  As Jeff Ream said, this may provide a good balance to the percussion book with whatever the program will be this year.

Thanks for the info. I absolutely love Mike Jackson's approach to Drum Corps percussion and his arranging style. I assume he will not be arranging for BAC?

18 minutes ago, dans said:

Thanks for the info. I absolutely love Mike Jackson's approach to Drum Corps percussion and his arranging style. I assume he will not be arranging for BAC?

I would venture to guess that if the BC team are not the ones arranging the parts themselves they will have a heavy influence on the book to the point that it is practically their book, regardless if they wrote it themselves.

Otherwise I think Boston are missing the point in bringing them on board in the first place.. Why bring them on board if you are not going to allow them to influence and change your process. Egos aside I think everyone on Boston's team knows that these guys are gold at them moment and would want to have their help in anyway they can. 

• Like 1