Historical Stats on finals made

8 hours ago, Bob P. said:

Sure- I did that in Orlando back in the day!

Cool...!wasn't meant to be a dig at you just bringing up that week is more than Finals. If anything like DCA some people act like Finals is only thing that occurs

22 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Terri "Why isn't my face melting?!? We need more face melting!" Schehr

“Like the show Terri?”

”WHAT?” 😁

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

He doesn’t know me so let’s just let him prattle on. I’m amused. 

Well you did say that you could "live with the bouncing sound" of my prattle.  Now I am amused.  But enough about your sensitivities and back to the subject of indoor and outdoor DC and good sound.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bob P. said:

Well you did say that you could "live with the bouncing sound" of my prattle.  Now I am amused.  But enough about your sensitivities and back to the subject of indoor and outdoor DC and good sound.

On that note, I will say that I did a lot of moving around the stands in ATL this year and the sound varies more than the Georgia Dome did to my ears. Once you were straight in line with the 30's the intonation seemed to really go south. I have no idea of what it's like at field level. I know marching in the dome had it's challenges for sure (at least in the battery.)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

On that note, I will say that I did a lot of moving around the stands in ATL this year and the sound varies more than the Georgia Dome did to my ears. Once you were straight in line with the 30's the intonation seemed to really go south. I have no idea of what it's like at field level. I know marching in the dome had it's challenges for sure (at least in the battery.)

I hear everything good (and bad) down low.   I’m right behind the field judges.  If they  hear it, I hear it. 

• Like 1

Interesting list and after reading through the comments I’m still unsure what this thread is about. Is this a list of finals appearances by ACTIVE corps?  Must be. Otherwise there is a lot missing from the list. 

1 minute ago, HockeyDad said:

Interesting list and after reading through the comments I’m still unsure what this thread is about. Is this a list of finals appearances by ACTIVE corps?  Must be. Otherwise there is a lot missing from the list. 

My reading too... wonder if the full list is available 

4 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

My reading too... wonder if the full list is available 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Drum_Corps_International_World_Championship_finalists

this doesnt give the first year they attended DCI, just the first year they made finals

• Thanks 1

On 9/19/2019 at 9:50 AM, Bucbari said:

Where was finals that 1 year in Mississippi? Biloxi or Jackson couldn't have been better then Florida.  I know did time at Keesler AFB in July...the absolute worst!!

Just looked it up.  It was Jackson in 93...phew!!

That was hellish indeed.

I would have loved to have performed in a venue like Indy that week.

• Like 1