Historical Stats on finals made

10 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

It can have it's challenges for sure. Indoor facility , like Indy would fix that. For me The outdoor texas shows ( and rehearsals ) I drew the line back in 2011..lol...I fly in and out ASAP..lol

I'm not a fan of indoor venues. I'm also not a fan of 20000000% humidity and thunderstorms that happen daily when you're trying to do things outside.

Oh and RatWorld

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I'm not a fan of indoor venues. I'm also not a fan of 20000000% humidity and thunderstorms that happen daily when you're trying to do things outside.

Oh and RatWorld

Oh its not that bad , storms in summer , especially August are a given for sure.The mid west can be just as humid but TEXAS OMG..now that's hot. Indoor is here to stay I think. Less of a chance of what happened and happens often in Florida but also INDY in 2011. I'll never forget that storm that came up. I think it was about the time PR was just about to go on and the announcements about staying clear of the doors. That was also the night the stage collapsed across town and killed people.

I think the big shows as well as championships,, indoor are here to stay, UNLESS the  activity changes so much it doesn't warrant it.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

I think the big shows as well as championships,, indoor are here to stay, UNLESS the  activity changes so much it doesn't warrant it.

Yep Look at what happened with DCA this year... and 2006... and 1987(?)..... hate hearing sound bounce around the roof but sure beats no sound (as in no show) at all....

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Air conditioning, comfortable seat...I can live with the bouncing sound. 

Absolutely agree. Atlanta and Indy (haven't been to San Antonio yet) are very comfortable and doing what they can to help limit the reverb.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, denmum said:

Absolutely agree. Atlanta and Indy (haven't been to San Antonio yet) are very comfortable and doing what they can to help limit the reverb.

You haven’t heard reverb until you are in a hockey arena (seats 7200) with concrete roof and walls (build 1930s). Played at a state athletic event opening ceremonies there and ice was not there so... concrete floor. Played as athletes came into the floor and the more bodies to soak up the sound the less echo there was. Interesting experience in sound even if you couldn’t hear the rest of the corps. (We were stretched out on a walkway half way up the seats)

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 9:31 AM, Drumcorpdad62 said:

Just a different topic.

Corps Finals 1st year Percent most consecutive
Santa Clara  47 1972 100% 47
The Cavaliers 45 1972 96% 30
Phantom Regiment 45 1972 96% 45
Blue Devils 45 1971 94% 45
The Cadets 41 1972 87% 29
Madison Scouts 40 1973 87% 29
Carolina Crown 24 1990 83% 16
Blue Coats 31 1974 69% 19
Crossmen 28 1974 62% 16
Blue Knights 24 1972 51% 16
Spirit of Atlanta 20 1977 48% 11
Boston  20 1972 43% 20
Blue Stars 18 1972 38% 8
Troopers 9 1972 19% 4
Colts 8 1972 17% 4
The Academy 1 2001 6% 1
Mandarins 2 1978 5% 2
Seattle Cascades 1 1972 2% 0
Pacific Crest 0 1994 0% 0
Jersey Surf 0 1992 0% 0

I believe your consecutive number is off by ten years for The Cavaliers.  In 1988, they scored a 95.1 which was good enough for fifth place at finals.  The last time they missed was 1978 giving them 40 years of consecutive appearances.

14 minutes ago, kkrepps said:

That's the Corps that was neck and neck with, but narrowly lost to Con Cord this year. 

I believe that was Con "Chord"

At least that is what I "heard" at the end of the show.  :lol:

34 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Air conditioning, comfortable seat...I can live with the bouncing sound. 

I value good sound so much that I can live with hot sticky  weather and less than comfortable seats - its only for some 4 hrs, after all!  Me thinks that some Drum Corps fans have gone "soft".  

• Thanks 1