Historical Stats on finals made

I found this thread interesting showing all the corps that have made finals since DCI began in 1972.  I was a bit surprised when I realized how many corps have been in finals.  And it was most interesting to see who has been in since the start and never out; who has been in, then out, then in again; and who has been in since they got in and has not fallen out.

As far as the postings going to venues and the thoughts on domed venues versus open air, maybe the sound was great in KC but being in the stands while on the surface of the sun was not pleasant.  Neither was Miami in August.  There is absolutely no reason to be there in August. People leave Miami in August so they won't melt or struggle to simply breathe.  

• Thanks 1

Actually corps that have made finals that are still around. Heckuva list with all corps listed. Kind of sad too seeing what we lost and get same feeling when DCA would show the all corps list in the program 

4 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Actually corps that have made finals that are still around. Heckuva list with all corps listed. Kind of sad too seeing what we lost and get same feeling when DCA would show the all corps list in the program 

There goes that DCA interjection again. I won't pick on Jim as he is yet to see the list of all DCI corps that had made finals (and aren't around anymore.) It will pain.

Edited by xandandl

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

There goes that DCA interjection again. I won't pick on Jim as he is yet to see the list of all DCI corps that had made finals (and aren't around anymore.) It will pain.

Jeff posted the link showing all corps and I did see it. Hence my heckuva list comment. As for my DCA interjection, what is wrong saying both circuits have the same issues over the years? Hurts seeing who we lost both circuits and don’t see a problem stating that here

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2