Shows and Tours

Our "A" Class corps would make a big deal going to Marion, OH and Butler, PA. In 1972 we headed to our first US Open but before we went there we did a show in Bellefontaine, OH (Beverly Cardinals, Marion Cadets, Mello Dears, Cleveland Buckeyes, etc), stayed at Mount Vernon, OH at the Elks Club (fun times). Then on to Marion where we presented a shortened show (No Concert number). Stayed with Greece Cadets who we did beat.

Shows every Saturday in NY, Ontario and Pennsylvania. No real long tour other that a July 4th weekend in Illinois (shows and a parade or two).

What was your tours like in 1970's?

Closest thing to a tour that my junior corps took was in 1974... we headed from NJ to Ohio for the Key to the Sea show in Toledo one weekend... than  a few days in the Detroit, MIchigan area for rehearsals and a few local events (parade, exhibition)... then on to Marion, OH, for the U.S. Open.

The pastor of the NJ church that sponsored us had gone to a seminary in the Detroit area... that's why we ended up there for a few days, staying at that seminary.

Other years, we usually went to the World Open in MA... in 1971 we did that show and the U.S. Open. I remember we stayed at a college in the Marion area... and I remember the food at the cafeteria there was great!!!  We ate like kings the entire long weekend.