IF........

22 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

That's the $64,000 question.

Or, in the case of CV or Govies, or any other non-NE corps who has traveled more... perhaps the $124,000 question. :laughing:

There could be several answers. I think for CV it comes down to time commitment to transition into an open class corps as well ad frankly, having not won a DCA Championship. I would think that's a goal they would want to accomplish before they would consider moving to anything else. 

I could be wrong though. The goal was always to win but it the growing years, we settled a lot for 9th lol. 

1 minute ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

There could be several answers. I think for CV it comes down to time commitment to transition into an open class corps as well ad frankly, having not won a DCA Championship. I would think that's a goal they would want to accomplish before they would consider moving to anything else. 

I could be wrong though. The goal was always to win but it the growing years, we settled a lot for 9th lol. 

Yeah... I remember one of your members posting somewhere, "We get 9th so you don't have to"... LOL

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

Yeah... I remember one of your members posting somewhere, "We get 9th so you don't have to"... LOL

Yep LOL. That was our motto pretty much from about 2004 until maybe 2009 or 2010. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Yep LOL. That was our motto pretty much from about 2004 until maybe 2009 or 2010. 

Sounds like when Westshoremen were rebuilding. Just get the idea other corps were thinking “oh good they’re here, at least we won’t come in last”.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

In a way...it's somewhat refreshing to be in a situation of fighting to improve vs fighting to win. It changes your perspective and makes your goals more approachable and easier to hit. "We want to break 80 by x show" is attainable given a certain talent level. I learned to appreciate small gains much more in my DCA years than in my DCI years.

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Like 2

I was just thinking if the offer by a city was a good offer that gave DCA a great stadium and other perks that were better than anything they would get from a NE city.  Several years ago when Renegades, Kilties, MBI and other western corps they were able to make it to Rochester, Scranton, etc

1 hour ago, KeithHall said:

I was just thinking if the offer by a city was a good offer that gave DCA a great stadium and other perks that were better than anything they would get from a NE city.  Several years ago when Renegades, Kilties, MBI and other western corps they were able to make it to Rochester, Scranton, etc

Winston Salem was pretty freakin' awesome as long as they open the near gate for the corps to roll the front ensemble through. But alas....i think that ship has passed. If southern corps can travel up north, I would think northern corps can make it to Atlanta or something similar. Make something happen with JSU and maybe involve Spirit. Alternate every 2 to 4 years.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KeithHall said:

.......for the heck of it.......some town/city in the Mid West made an offer to DCA that was cheaper AND better than Williamsport, Rochester or any NE city. Would DCA and its corps accept it?

half would.

8 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

Another thought provoking thread from Keith !

My expectation would be NO.  Right now, my guess is too many voting corps are locked into a 7-8 hour maximum driving distance. Plus, a fear the event becomes an annual journey. Most likely, corps finances are stretched too thin. 

Conditions for such a venture were much better years ago, yet nothing developed.

or corps that don't have to plan for that kind of trip now don't want to plan for it

3 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

In a way...it's somewhat refreshing to be in a situation of fighting to improve vs fighting to win. It changes your perspective and makes your goals more approachable and easier to hit. "We want to break 80 by x show" is attainable given a certain talent level. I learned to appreciate small gains much more in my DCA years than in my DCI years.

sadly more than a few of those corps above you in those years are gone now.